Expand my Community achievements bar.

Columns hide, but their header reappear on subsequent pages

Level 2

I am developing a form to present product quotes to my company's customers.

In some cases, we show the list price and discount.

In other cases, we don't show the list price and discount.

I've been able to null out the table column headers and hide the data by resizing column widths.

However, the column headers come back on the subsequent pages and overlap each other. The image below shows what happens on subsequent pages.

badColumnHeads.png

Here's my script:

//Hide Discount = X; hide listprice and discount

if (data.EnglishPage1.subform_Hidden.ZZHIDE_DISCOUNT == "X") then

HeaderRow1.h_listprice.caption.value.#text = " "

HeaderRow1.h_listprice.presence = "invisible"

HeaderRow1.h_discount.caption.value.#text = " "

HeaderRow1.h_discount.presence = "invisible"

data.EnglishPage1.sub_Product.ProductTable.columnWidths = "0.3642in 0.6263in 3.758in 0.6045in 0.001in 0.001in 0.9375in 0.9375in"

endif

Things I've tried:

• Counting instances of the header row and setting the caption to nothing for each instance
  • Wrapping the header column and data cell in subforms and hiding their instances using the instanceManager

Nothing has worked.

I'm usinge LiveCycle 10.4 inside the SAP environment.

Does anyone understand why this is happening on the downstream pages? I'm almost at the point of simply not repeating the column heads on subsequent pages.

1 Reply

Level 2

An update, should anyone be interested in how we solved this problem.

We ran the first if statement (in initial post) on the table initialize event, although we did not set the presence to invisible, we simply nulled the value of the caption and reset the column widths.

Then, on the layout ready event, we ran an if statement in the appropriate header cell to hide its presence. Example:

if (data.EnglishPage1.subform_Hidden.ZZHIDE_DISCOUNT == "X") then

$.presence = "hidden"

endif

Worked like a charm.