• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does BC like to over complicate things?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Can someone tell me why BC likes to over complicate the way we do things?

An example is, when adding a menu item that has a target of _blank you need to go into ModuleTemplates > Menu > Default (or the name of the menu your working on) > childitem.html

And add target="{tag_menuitemtargetframe}" which leaves target="" blank for all the items that don't have a value.

So if any of my clients want to go in and add _blank to the menu item they either need to learn the documentation or contact us to do this.

I'm sure other people have feedback and comments on their frustration with how BC likes to complicate things...

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AMEN!

I just download a BC responsive template for a site that might work IF I am able to change out some of the default graphics, all of which seem to be hiding in content holders instead of 'img' or 'images' folders, because they want to protect the integrity of the web site design.

What a crock!

I thought that was the whole idea of Business Catalyst -  to provide a solid site framework that can be customized. Instead that site has totally done away with the InContext editing, and there is no way to get rid of 'their' logo, and replace it (same size and name.png) with my own. I can't remember the name of the site template, but it has to do with students and has a deep black header.

the last site (which I finally gave up on editing) would not even allow me to add 'placeholder' to the "customize HTML forms". Guess we are all supposed to fit inside Adobe's little boxes... or go somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines