Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major layout error since latest Muse update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Since the latest Muse software update some of my webpages are displaying incorrectly with many elements on top of each other. Please can Adobe support look at my .muse file so that this can be sorted asap please? Or does anyone have a fix?

This is how my page(s) should look:

1.jpg

This is how Muse publishes since latest update:

2.jpg

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're investigating. Am I correct this is only occurring on your home page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I am also having a similar problem. There seems to be a disconnect between the Design mode, the Preview through Browser format, and the Published format. I use Google Chrome 25.0 as my standard browser, but checked the published link in Safari 6.0.2 just to see if there was a change (none).

I am including three screenshots that display the differences between the formats.

Muse, Design Mode (Horizontal line extended to the left flexible browser width point)

Muse, Design.jpg

Preview in Browser, Google Chrome (Horizontal line doesn't move with browser width, but generally looks like the Design Mode. Hyperlinks won't work either and I checked them all to make sure they were linked properly.)

Preview, Chrome Browser.jpg

Published in Browser, Google Chrome (Plays the slideshow of images and flashes the header occasionally)

Published, Chrome Browser.jpg

I'm interested to hear what you think may be going on! Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah, your screenshots appear to be unrelated to the problem reported by Matt.

For the first item, Muse only support full 100% width objects. In your case your desire is for an object that grows with the browser width on the left, but not on the right. Muse currently doesn't support that. It could be simulated using a rectangle that's the full width of the browser area and placing a very wide background image into the rectangle that's set to be center aligned and which has the correct proportions so that when centered in the browser the left portion you want is aligned with the vertical line on the page (given the page is also centered within the browser). A bit of a hack, but it should let you achieve the effect you're looking for.

For the second item, a number of files are missing from your published site. Have you only ever altered content on our Business Catalyst site using Publish from Muse? Or have you also used FTP and/or the BC in-browser UI? Regardless, I recommend you Publish again from Muse and in the More Options section of the Publish dialog choose Upload: All Files, so Muse publishes all the necessary files for your site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the suggestions with my browser width issue. I'll give it a go!

Secondly, I have only been using the Business Catalyst site, but you brought up a great point about checking the Options section of the Publish dialog. I did go ahead and choose Upload: All Files, and I am receiving the same result. I'm a bit new to Muse so I'm not sure what you can see, but this is the link to my Published site: http://argponline.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Still a bit puzzled by this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also puzzled. This isn't a problem I've seen before for a site published to Business Catalyst.

Please try publishing again, this time to a new temporary site (they're free). You can choose this option under More Options in the Publish dialog. I'm curious whether publishing to a new empty trial site works.

If that doesn't work, please send me the .muse file at muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this thread. If the file is larger than 20Mb you can use a service like Adobe SendNow, SendThisFile, WeTransfer, Dropbox, etc.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak,

I published the website to a new temporary site, and it worked beautifully. Now I just have to fuss with the horiztonal bar, and then I'll be super happy. Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

z_wilkiins, thank you for sending your file.

Your file demonstrates a bug that was introduced with 4.0. (Yours is the first file we've seen that demonstrates it.) It relates to a stack of items where one of the items in the stack (that's not on top) is a text frame. We're looking at how best to fix the bug.

In the meantime, you can avoid the problem by changing the blue band that's behind your menu on the master page from being a text frame to just being a simple rectangle. Since it doesn't contain any text, you can just draw a rectangle instead and that will avoid the stacking order problem. (The text is disappearing because Muse is mistakenly outputting it behind the blue text frame.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! You guys are awesome and the response time is amazing.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening Zak,

Everything has been going perfectly with the website and it has been performing as expected. I am running into the same issue again, unfortunately, and this time I cannot publish to a new website to solve it because this is the web address that is associated with my firm.

The address of the website is : argponline.com

This is what one of the pages used to look like (I had the browser window open still):

yes.jpg

Essentially, I updated a few items in the muse file and then published only the modified files. And now the website looks like this:

no.jpg

I tried to publish the whole website, and then to a different temporary website, then back to the argponline.com website, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

So grateful for any help you can offer. I am afraid I've ruined my office's website by updating it!!!

Sincerely,

Sarah

I've deleted the website in its entirety, published to a new temporary website, and this is the point I am at now.

domain already exists error.jpg

I've completely scrapped the website, I am confused about the Error!

I have checked the FAQs and the community forums for this, so this is a last ditch effort. Thank you once again for any help you can provide!

Sincerely,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known fact now... that Muse doesn't work at all for Safari Browser ( mac or windows)... My website www.tridibghosh.com behaves perfectly in all otehr browser except Safari. And it kills the entire layout. Further there are so many bugs in Contact form and the mobile super widget ... But guess the Muse team is unable to solve the issues... Guess we have to stay put for sometime now ... wait and watch when teh support team fix these huge issues... A very crappy product...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobeawsome, I was using google chrome, and it turns out this is a bit of a deeper rooted issue. Discussing it with a few technicians, still.

I will not say this is a crappy product, it has been AWESOME working with it, and I'm super glad these technicians are taking the time to work through the issues with me. They'll figure it out. Hopefully sooner than later, would be best.

Sincerely,

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I seem to be having the same problem, the rectangles frequently decide to resize themselves and it's really offputting when designing.

Please see pictures below

Design Page.jpg

Preview Page.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SoundIncStudios,

Can you send your Muse file to muse-support@adobe.com with a link to this thread and ATTN: Andrew in the subject so that I can take a look?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending in your file. I see the same issue on my end, and we'll investigate what's going on here and get a bug filed. In the meantime, you can work around the issue by grouping your logo and the menu together.

Also, as a note, if you want your header and menu background to be the size of the browser window, you can make them 100% width instead of making them super large. This will also prevent issues on mobile where it will make the page tiny to try and fit everything in. You can find more information on this tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm afraid I'm also having layout issues and I can't understand why - I've edited a tiny bit of a page, but it is not behaving correctly at all now.  Here are two screen shots - the first is the preview from Muse and the second is what it looks like in the browser after publishing.  Any help you can give would be very gratefully received!

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 21.10.54.png

Screen Shot 2014-04-17 at 21.11.29.png

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Haley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2014 Apr 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I having the same (or certainly similar) problem with Muse layout.

Created a holding page yesterday April 26th & logo moves from where it is placed in the Design panel:Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 11.08.29.png

To where it ends up on the preview panel:

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 11.08.37.png

It doesn't matter if i place the logo in the master page or on the individual pages.

Is this something I have done or is it something in Muse?

Many thanks,

Toby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toby,

Can you check and make sure the item is not pinned? That almost looks like how it would behave if it was pinned in design mode. If not, would you mind publishing the site to a temprorary BC site so that we can take a look?

Haley,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I checked out your URL and everything seems to be displaying fine. Did you get your problem resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hayley,

I think i've sorted the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Toby Stoate

07581 739899

tobystoate@me.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem with my site.

My site http://www.goodwillfishing.ca is fine because I haven't published since I noticed the problem. I went to work on my mobile site and when I came back to my desktop version all my content was missing except for my master page.

muse screen.png

When I close Muse and re open it, I can see my content for a moment, then it disappears. I don't want to have to rebuild my site. Is there a way to re-load my content to my design pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maddwill, first guess is layer order. Layers span all pages of all layouts. If the layer order has been changed, it's possible the layer containing your master page was moved on top of the layer containing all your page content (obscuring it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zak, I've looked behind layers and still can't find anything. I've just checked my asset and all I have is my master page stuff and the one slide show on my about page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2014 May 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to scan for other .muse files on your drives. It is possible you've simply opened a different copy of your .muse file?

If you send the MuseLog.txt file from your Documents folder to muse-support@adobe.com along with a link to this thread, I'll take a look to see if there's anything to indicate Muse was logging any warnings or errors when you were working with your file. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zak, no this is affecting the pages which use one of my master page templates. Do you want me to forward over my muse file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mattexdj1983,

I dug up an older version of your file you sent us. From the looks of it, you are embedding custom HTML for your MixCloud widget. This code doesn't validate (you're missing a closing div tag) and that is causing your issue. Likely it cropped up now because of changes we've made to how we render things. If you've fixed this and are still seeing the issue, let us know.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines