• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print drop-down text

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 11 and would like to print pages using the Advanced Options - Include drop-down text option. I have discovered that this option does NOT work when the drop-down text is in a snippet.

Are there any known work-arounds for this "feature" besides copying and pasting the snippet content into the page being printed? While I know this works, it defeats the purpose of reusing the snippet and knowing where that content is being used throughout the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested a three topic project with a snippet in each topic. The topics were in different folder levels.

It works OK so first try again with a new project.

Let us know whether or not that works.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your snippets have DHTML drop-down hotspots? Mine have two levels of DHTML drop-down hotspots (nested).

My "traditional" snippets with simple text and graphics work fine when printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They each had a dropdown. However, you have now added that you have nested dropdowns. They have always been a problem in topics so the issue is nested dropdowns, not snippets.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - thanks for the insight. I can get the nested drop-downs to expand when printing outside of the snippet so I will have to develop a work around for this reused content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp