• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create training where the user can use the F1-F10 keys to complete the course?

Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My learners use the keyboard shortcut keys to complete their daily transactions.  Can I create training where the user can actually uses the f1-f10 keys to complete the course?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends.

Depends on what, exactly?

Depends on how you are delivering the training. With Captivate, you have an ability to assign shortcut keys to click boxes and other objects to allow them to operate as if you had clicked them. The problem is, if you are presenting the elearning from a web browser, it will trap some of the keystrokes for its own use. For example, pressing F1 will typically be reserved for opening the browser help. Other keys have their own purposes.

But if you are delivering via a Windows EXE file, you are then able to use pretty much any key you want because you won't be in the browser.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources