• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Illustrator CC 17.1.0 work under Mac Operating System 10.6.8?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to install Ai but it says it no longer supports my operating system which is 10.6.8.

System requirements says it supports 10.6.8

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

JMcBride the currently available version of Illustrator CC does not support Mac OS 10.6.8.  Please upgrade your operating system to Mac OS 10.7 or later.

If you are unable to upgrade to Mac OS 10.7 or later then please see Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html for information on how to Illustrator CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JMcBride the currently available version of Illustrator CC does not support Mac OS 10.6.8.  Please upgrade your operating system to Mac OS 10.7 or later.

If you are unable to upgrade to Mac OS 10.7 or later then please see Download previous versions of Adobe Creative applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/download-previous-versions-creative-applications.html for information on how to Illustrator CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

JMcBride the currently available version of Illustrator CC does not support Mac OS 10.6.8.

Thing is, the Adobe website says that Illustrator CC does support 10.6.8 here. 

http://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/tech-specs.html

It's confusing many people, me incuded. I presume that page is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes John from my understanding the currently available version of Illustrator CC 17.1.0 will not work under Mac OS 10.6.8.  At this time I would recommend utilizing Illustrator CS6 if you need to install Illustrator under Mac OS 10.6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright wrote:

Yes John from my understanding the currently available version of Illustrator CC 17.1.0 will not work under Mac OS 10.6.8.  At this time I would recommend utilizing Illustrator CS6 if you need to install Illustrator under Mac OS 10.6.8.

I run Illustrator CC on 10.9.2.

However the website info needs the 10.6.8 reference removed immediately so that it does not mislead customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback John.  Please feel free to reference this discussion as needed. 

I am also going to update the discussion title to increase the relevancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines