• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master project does not display child project content since upgrade to Windows 7 and Robo 10

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently been migrated to Windows 7 (from XP) and at the same time needed to upgrade from Robo 8 to version 10.  Once I upgraded my child project files and master project (no choice), my child projects simply blink or strobe when I try to view them in the Master.  My users prefer to use the consolidated master project view (one access point) as opposed to multiple access points for each of my child projects (I have 14!!).  I have read the Merged webhelp guide prepared by Peter Grainge but I am confused about the redirect which is something I've never had to do before.  The Robohelp 10 Guide does not mention anything about a redirect. 

How do I get my Master project back on track?  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The redirect is not a mandatory way of creating merged help. It simply means that all projects with content are at the same level so that cross project links are all between child projects and work.

Have you regenerated the master first and then all the children?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have and still no luck.  I tried creating a new master project with no content as my original master did have about 20 or so topics in it.  Still no luck.

I was reading some posts and info on the forum concerning performing the upgrade to Robo 10 from my local drive instead of the network drive.  Unfortunately, this was not done.  Migration to Windows 7 occurred before the Robo upgrade so I was forced to use the network drive as we can no longer update/modify the C:// drive files.  Could this be why I am having such difficulty?

I was always impressed with the ease in which I could create child projects and link them to my Master guide, without any issues.  However, this particular situation has me stumped.

Any suggestions?  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Manon Gagnon, ALMI, PCS

Senior Analyst,  Analyste principale

Gestion des effectifs et Contrôle de Qualité

Workforce Management & Quality Assurance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could well be the upgrade being done with project already on network. Gave

me some grief.

Time to dig out the backup and upgrade locally.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Manon You can then move the projects to the network so IT should be able to allow this.

Also be careful replying by email. Your signature includes your email address and you should never post that on any forum unless you like spam.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp