Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disable Hardware Acceleration Response Failure

Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash won't let me disable hardware acceleration.

I was having problems with some video sites, and I want to attempt disabling hardware accleration as part of troubleshooting.  I go to the settings panel and uncheck the appropriate box, close settings, and restart browser.  The change doesn't 'stick.' I have also tried using mms.cfg "DisableHardwareAcceleration=1" as a remedy with no success.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash with no success.  I tried completely reinstalling the browser and then flash with no success.  I tried downgrading to a version that shouldn't have these issues with no success.  Flash works in Chrome, but it is a built in part of the program.  I haven't tested on IE.

Windows 7 x64 sp2

Mozilla Firefox 28.0

Flash version 13.0.0.182 x32 (32 bit chosen to match browser)

Flash downgrade (no longer installed) 11.7 latest build

Radeon HD 6800 series with latest stable drivers (currently at factory clock speed)

This is a strange problem that eludes my google-fu.

Wrench in the gears: My %systemroot% is on my SSD, my user files and program files are on my HDD.  This may have unexpected ramifications if there is a weird path or environmental variable, although I have fixed most of those issues. 

I can provide more data about the setup if necessary.  I will entertain all suggestions and report back with results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump

(I didn't see anything discouraging self-bumps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines