• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing width of tables imported into RoboHelp from FrameMaker

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Tech Comm Suite 3 and am linking FrameMaker documents in RoboHelp to publish Web Help. After a lot of work setting up the CSS/ISF files, I have everything converting perfectly from Frame to RoboHelp EXCEPT tables. I want tables in Help to be sized at 95% width (to auto-adjust to screen size). But there doesn't seem to be any way to set this preference. So right now, I have to set the width manually in the RoboHelp Table Properties for each table. Then, for some reason, I have to manually click and drag all of the table's horizontal lines up in order for the cell text to reflow into the new expanded width. I can't find any solutions to this problem in RoboHelp's Help or forum. Perhaps someone else has run into this issue and found a creative solution?

Thanks!

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mike

Can't say I have found an answer, but I have the same problem. I am using a table style (FormatA) mapped from the corresponding FM table format. In the CSS the table.FormatA class specifies width:80%, but the setting seems to be ignored. Instead, in the HTML, all the tables have width="247" - which I assume is taken from the width of my text column in FrameMaker.

Frustrating.

Roger Shuttleworth

London, Canada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from my previous:

You can actually change the preferred width of tables if you are mapping your FM table format to a RH table format.

1. Go to File > Project Settings.
  2. Click Edit for the conversion settings for FM documents.
  3. Select the appropriate table format.
  4. Edit the Preferred Width setting.

Strangely, although CSS allows the use of percentages for table widths, RH in its wisdom does not. You get a nice, informative messages saying that "Valid values include measurements in px, pt, pc, cm, em, mm, in." Trust them to know better than the CSS standard...

Regards,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to the instructions/answer above, I found that if in step 4 (editing table format in FrameMaker conversion settings) I set the "Preferred" width and height to "0px" (zero pixels) for Table size and Cell Size, then when I generated a CHM the tables automatically resized themselves as the window grew or shrank. All of the original formatting from FrameMaker was preserved (using "[Source]" for the RoboHelp style). FYI, I am using in Adobe TCS 4 (FM 11, RH 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I change the preferred width to 0px, RH shows the correct width when I take a page preview (View Selected Item) even in my browsers. But when I genereate the WebHelp output and the launch the course, it is incorrect.

Any idea why this is happening?

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any solution to this issue or is this still open. Is anyone has found the solution, can you please respond.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp