• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Printed Documentation

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been wrestling with generating a word file (or PDF file) from my project.  I ended up configuring the Printed Documentation SSL to generate individual documents and create a master document.  Finally, my RoboHelp stopped app crashing while I ran it, but now I have this whole laundry list of issues that prevented the process from successfully completing.  The first on the list is "Failed to build 'Title Page'...".  There are also a bunch of "Failed to save the Word Document after appending a malformed topics:"

Can anyone help me understand how to correct either or both of these issues?

Thanks -

Kerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this one got missed. Have you resolved the issue meantime?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No we have not

Thanks –

Kerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let's rule out that it is Rh itself. Please generate one of the Printed Document layouts in the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Assuming that works we then know it is your project. Take a look at Print Issues on my site and see if that helps. If not, post back.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter –

I created a ‘dummy’ project with limited topics, (just really about 4 topics, a glossary, a TOC, and an index) and I was able to generate the printed document with no issues.  The technician I dealt with at Adobe took a copy of our project and I have not heard back from him in the past week. 

If I generate the printed document as a single WORD (.docx) document or as a single PDF document, the app crashes with a fault module = PrintDocGenerator.dll error. 

If I generate the document as individual WORD (.docx) documents with a master document, I get an error “Failed to build title page´ and then several “Warning: Failed to save the Word Document after appending a malformed topics:” entries.  I’m attaching the .txt file I generated by copying the output bin to a text editor so I could try to correct the malformed topics.

When I looked up the error messages (especially for the malformed topic warning), I noticed that when you get a message “Failed to build title page” you are supposed to call technical support, so I did (as I said earlier), but they have not contacted me back since they took my call.

Thanks for your help with this.

--

Kerry Martinez

Systems Analyst / Documentation

Professional Systems Associates, Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you replied by email that included your contact details. Never post those to any forum unless you want spam etc.

Also you cannot attach files.

Malformed topics is covered on my site. Have you looked into that?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh – I didn’t realize I was posting to your forum. I thought I was just communicating to you. I will dig deeper based on your entry for the malformed topics.

Thanks –

Kerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. I have a large Help file that I need to provide to a team so they can translate the content to Spanish, so an editable text file is necessary.

I've tried trimming the file down to just a few topics and I did not have any luck. When I encountered files listed specifically as failing, I removed them from the file.

Either the program crashes or it says it produces a doc file that doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cashewst Do the samples generate OK?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - the samples didn't work. I also tried publishing a small file that a colleague was able to publish wiht no problems - but it crashed on me. I've tried creating a new blank project and just importing a couple files but it crashed during that process, too.

Side note - my user name may have changed in the middle of this discussion. I thought I was resetting my password, but I may have created a new account. I'm in login limbo land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sarah OK so it is an installation problem rather than your project. In the sticky topics you will see that we do ask everyone to include there version of Rh. In this case we also need to know what version of Word you are using.

Have you checked Word's macro setting level? It needs to be set to low.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp