Exit

Master page not picking up images associated in ISF file

Mentor ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using FM11. RH10 as part of TCS4.

Last year I had created a master page and settings file (ISF). We are now revising it.

Some of our styles have images associated with them (Style name > Format > Borders and Shading > Shading > Pattern).

My workflow:

1.   Open a blank RH project.

2.   Link FM book. All the FM files are imported. But there are no images in the Project Manager pod > Images folder yet.

3.   Associate and apply the ISF file. Images show up in the Images folder. But they have this X mark against them. So I assume they are just some sort of placeholders yet. I check the topic where these images are used. They are empty as well.

4.   Import the master page. I get a message that images are also imported. The X mark against the images are gone and they show up in the topic as well.

That is how it worked in the previous version, which was correct.

Now, that is not happening. Steps 1 to 3 work fine. But when I import the master page (Step 4), The confirmation message does not mention anything about the images.

In both cases, the ISF file, master page, and the images are all in the same folder. Now the only way to get the images work is by manually copying all the images to the RH project folder.

Can somebody please tell me why this is not working the way it used to work? From what I see, I am not doing anything different. I have even opened the master page in an XML editor and checked. I did not see any difference.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have swapped steps 2 & 3 – associate the ISF file first, then suck in the FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply, Jeff.

Tried that, still no luck.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn’t know if would fix your issue – I just thought it weird that you would associate the rule file after pulling the content in; I’ve always thought that the ISF set the rules to be followed when the FM content is brought in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp