Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced action

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am creating a competency assessment in Captivate 7 but I am not using a quiz slide for the assessment.

I have created slides with the radial button widget and have labelled them with the ratings.  I have assigned a specific variable per widget so that I can report the user entry.

The five ratings are Unsatisfactory, Below Expecations, Meets expecations, Exceeds Epectations and Outstanding.

There are 66 competencies that the leaner will rate themselves on (yes I know....way to many but that decision is above my pay grade and have already lost that battle).

I have associated the 5 ratings to the following 3 buckets.  The associated rating(s) are in brackets beside each bucket:

Weakness (Unsatisfactory, Below Expectatio)

Opportunity (Meets expecation)

Strength (Exceeds expectation and Outstanding)

I have created an advanced action where I have the following action:

If v_example Contains "Unsatisfactory"

Assign v_example with "Communication Skills"

Else "Continue"

This is where I am stuck!

Each Competency has been assigned a variable.  I want to reuse the variable depending on the bucket that is placed in.

Example of a competency is "Communication".  I do not want the competency to show up in the Weakness or Strength buckets if the user selects Meets Expecation which would fall under the Opportunity bucket.

Each bucket is represented by a text caption where I have placed the variables.

I hope I explained this right

Ivan

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivan, what is the 'radial button widget'? Is it an external widget, not included with Captivate? I have been presenting several times about widgets and interactions in Captivate, don't know that one.

I don't understand really what you want, of course I want to answer about advanced actions (my passion) but first have to know the goal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it's the radio button.....my ultimate goal is to have the results of the learners selection on one slide.

I have created 66 radio button widgets for the 66 comptencies that contain 5 options/ratings.  all 66 radio buttons have the same 5 ratings.

Each widget has been given a variable (examplie v_busacumen which represents

Business acumen)

I want the outcome to be listed in 1 of 3 buckets(Text box).

Weakness, Strength or Opportunity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the "outcome"? Do you really want to list up to 66 competencies in one Text container? Because theoretically it is possible that all end up in the same category?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on what they select I want it to populate in either of the 3 Text containers.

And you are correct....theoretically all 66 could end up in the same container and that is the issue that raised!

But they still want it built like this....all I want to know if it is possible and a little direction on how to pull it off.

Thanks Lilibiri....you are always willing to assist me.

A million thanks to you : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will always look very weird, you can insert the variables in a text container, but they'll have a fixed place, and you need to provide enough space for each variable. That means that they will be a lot of blank lines in each container.

A workaround could be to try to make a 'concatenating' variable, that adds variables, but should find time to explore and that is what is lacking for the moment, time!

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources