• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problem with 11x17pages Adobe XI Pro

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing 11x17pages, only half the page is printing. The first page prints fine, but from the second page onwards only half the page is printing.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide more information as to what version of Acrobat and what type of printer (brand, model, PostScript or non-PostScript, etc.) you are printing to as well as settings used.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been running Adobe X for the last 3-4 years, and recently upgraded to Adobe XI Pro (11.0.05). I did not have these problems with Adobe X. I also don't have these problems when I am printing from Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing from Acrobat, do you select the paper size from the Properties dialog (accessed next to the printer name in the print dialog)? Or are you checking the Choose paper source by PDF page size option?

If the latter, there is a known issue, especially for PDF files with mixed page sizes. If you don't have mixed page sizes, use the Properties dialog to set the paper size through the print driver and see if that fixes the problem.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am choosing paper source by PDF page size option and Actual Size. I usually have several pages that I am printing and cannot select the page size for each page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

I have a few other questions and was wondering if you could help me with these issues as well. This is not an Adobe XI problem but Adobe X.

Since we started using Adobe X Standard & Professional a few years ago when we PDF tables from the excel add-in for some users the page sized are really odd (e.g see attached). We have 2 users, both running Adobe X Standard, the one user gets normal page sizes and the other is getting the odd page sizes.

The other question I have is about the Show Stamp Name function in Adobe XI, is there a way to turn this on permanently?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know when the Adobe quarterly update will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this but it does not resolve the problem.  Instead it prints the image on a 11x17 page but it scales down the image to 50% of the page. I installed the 11.0.6 update yesterday and it seems that there is no fix for this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our office just upgraded and now we are having the same problem as described by the initial concerned customer in NOVEMBER 2013.  Now it's August 2014.  It should be understandable what this problem is since this is occurring with several people and Dov has apparently been given several examples.

Our company just purchased five new suites and I"m going to have to take my work home because I have Adobe Acrobat professional VERSION 9 that works better than this,

Version 9 works, this version doesn't. 

Hey Dov, what have you been doing - running for Congress?  THIS IS DISFUNCTIONAL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company has been faced with the same issue.  The first page of a multiple PDF prints fine but all other pages subsequently print on half the page and shrunk down and rotated.  The only solution we have found was to print one page at a time.  However this is very time consuming.  We have had to revert back Adobe Acrobat X until this issue is resolved.  An answer from Adobe support would be helpful.  We have multiple models of Canon printers and Sharp Printers and it occurs on all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share any PDF with which you are facing the issue. You may share the file here https://files.acrobat.com or at any location of your preference.

Additionally, it would help in isolating the issue if you could share the make of your printer and whether you are using PCL or PS driver.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a copy of  PDF and a scan of the printing result so that you can see what happens. I am printing to a Xerox 7435 colour printer. I don't have this problem when I open the PDF with Reader. Dov Isaacs indicated that this is an Acrobat X Pro issue and nothing do do wiht the printer.  Also, occasionally when I print, the first page are rotated 180 degrees which is a real pain when printing 2-sided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RVD123,

Where have you shared the file?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link to the shared files: https://files.acrobat.com/#folder/9c0541d2-6fa5-438e-a286-29f8ac40bd2c

Ronel Colkett

[moderator deleted private data]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting error that file has been deleted or moved to another session. can you mail it to me at [moderator deleted e-mail]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, PDF file w/ mixed originals 8.5x11 & 11x17, opened in Acrobat XI Pro. The 8.5x11's print correct as does the first 11x17, all subsequent 11x17's print off to the lower right hand corner on the 11x17 sheet. Tried on multiple printers with same result. THEN, print the same file via Acrobat IX and it prints all pages correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be an Acrobat XI problem and nothing do do with the printer. A quick work around is to open the PDF with Adobe Reader X before printing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Reader X be installed on a box running Acrobat XI ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparantly it can cause some problems and is not recommended by Adobe, but it has been working fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^To answer my own question, why yes, yes it can ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is still an issue for anyone, I've been able to work around this by turing on "print as image" under advanced options in the print dialog box.  11x17 PDFs now print all pages properly instead of just the first one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone still having problems with this?   I was pretty sure that the problem was resolved with the last update Adobe 11.0.07 but printing today I am having the same problem yet again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are having the same issue Adobe Acrobat XI Version 11.0.06

One big issue is we really want to use the PS driver for the printer (prints greyscale for autocad way better)

Here are some specs on what we do and what happens

Pdf- all 11x17 pages created from Civil 3d 2014 (3 pages in this case)

Printer-Ricoh MP 3501 printer

Printer Driver- PS Driver

Settings-      Actual Size Checked

Choose Paper Source by pdf page size

Orientation     Auto-Portrait/Landscape

What happens,

First page gets rotated 180 degrees (upside down)

Next 2 pages get printed correct orientation (not flipped 180) but are shifted 5-6 inches down and to the left (cutting off a large portion of the page)

How to fix?

All same settings with PCL driver

Prints correct.

This is for pages that have only 1 page size. we have also had issues with printing multiple page sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed the latest update? Version 11.0.7 is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, company admin thing did that fix it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines