• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing sound from powerpoint 13 to Captivate 7

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am converting powerpoint 2013 using the high defintion feature.  Is there a reason this is not working.  I thought captivate 7 converted all animations and audio.  Is it related to my selection during the recvording process in powerpoint related to sound file type.  Cna this be avoided in the future when I record in powerpoint?  Thanks for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

How exactly was the audio added to the PPT file? And has it been configured to play automatically in PPT or on a mouse click?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was added using the record button in powerpoint.  Inseret>audio>record audio.  start after previous is the setting in powerpoint for the audio.  thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start after previous would seem to imply there is an animation or other effect in PPT occurring before the audio, no? If so, what is your object or animation? (trying to re-create on my end to test here)

Sooo, in Captivate, if you preview the project by clicking File > Preview > Project do the slides pause or play automatically? If they pause, after clicking the mouse directly on the slides to advance them, do you hear the audio?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using file>preview>Porject, the slides pause until clicked—but still no sound. tried clicking them with the mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this issue reported by others. Unfortunately I have no explanation for why it doesn't seem to work. Earlier I tested by recording and importing to create a project from PPT and my audio came in just fine. I'm using a Windows 7 PC with Office 2010.

I know that doesn't help you resolve the issue for the moment, but you do have options here.

Option one is to use Captivate's "video recording" feature and capture system sounds. Then play the PPT and record it as it plays using Captivate.

Option two is to locate the .PPTX file using Windows file explorer. Copy it and rename the copy from .PPTX to .ZIP. From there you are able to extract the assets (such as the desired audio). Then you may add the audio separately to either an object or as slide narration in Adobe Captivate.

Hope fhis helps a smidge... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying. I am using office 2013—has that been reported in the past. Maybe there is a patch. Appreciate your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources