Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 4.0 for iOS with external ABC SWFs do not work in release build

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Awesome Adobe Community,

I have an application that loads over 2000 external SWFs with probably about a third of them with actionscript byte code (ABC). When I package the app using ipa-debug, the external stripped SWFs work just fine. When I package a release build with ipa-app-store or ipa-ad-hoc the external SWFs do not work and they freeze the app when the asctionscript is supposed to run (a typical crash when loading uncompiled ABC).

I've already looked at a lot of possible causes and checked them, but most of these problems would break it in debug anyways.

I have been searching and searching and can't find anything to help me. Apple already approved my app (can't believe they let this slip by) and it is sitting on the App Store broken. Please help me!!!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi k_bitgood,

Can you please try your app with latest AIR 13 beta with SWF-version =24, if you still face the issue then please share a sample app(sources, swfs, app-xml and assets) with us at nimisha1@adobe.com?

-Nimisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nimisha,

I sent you an email (same subject as this discussion) from k******* [at] onlineschool [dot] ca with a sample app. Please let me know if you need anything else or if you find a solution.

Kenneth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines