• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can one play flash movies faster?

New Here ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to go through a couple of self-learning exercises. Alas, the presenter speaks so slow that I have a hard time not to fall asleep between words. 😞

Is there a way (or an alternative player) that allows to playback flash movies (i.e. swf files) at higher than original speeds? I am pretty sure I could easily cope with at least 1.5x if not 2x of the original recording speed and still perfectly understand what is being said and shown.

Such a function would save me tremendous amounts of time and the learning effect would definitely be higher than with the current setup!

Any hint and/or pointer welcome!

Michael

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Try http://www.enounce.com for flash files. You can speed up and slow down the playing speed. They have a free 7 day trial and the price is under $30.

You can also adjust the play speed in windows media player for avi files. Select a) "Now Playing", from the top toolbar, b) " Enhancements", c) "Play Speed Settings".

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wal

http://www.directoryofnewzealand.com/blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been madly seeking this feature. I'm tired of having to rip every video I want to peruse in order to be able to open it in QuickTime and watch it 2x - 3x playback speed. Any knowledge on how to increase playback in-browser via the Flash Player would be much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try http://www.enounce.com for flash files. You can speed up and slow down the playing speed. They have a free 7 day trial and the price is under $30.

You can also adjust the play speed in windows media player for avi files. Select a) "Now Playing", from the top toolbar, b) " Enhancements", c) "Play Speed Settings".

Hope this helps

Cheers

Wal

http://www.directoryofnewzealand.com/blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2009 Oct 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was exactly the tool I would have needed (in the meantime in lack of prior answers I already went through my material...).

The add-on works very nicely and will definitely be very useful next time!

Cheers and thanks again,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

enounce did not work for me as the player kept stopping. I was able to change the pepper settings to hear the audio but partway through the player stops. Sometimes I can click on the spot it stops and it will start right there, but other times it goes back to beginning of the video and will not play through. Not one video played through to the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines