Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE 7+Flash Player after Win update problems

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 64 bit Using IE 10 - 11 produced many problems

Current problems may have been impacted by IE 11 since problems occurred after install and uninstall.

1. Flash Mgr showed Flash not installed

2. Uninstalled "installed" version of Flash (12/13)

3. 1/9/14 Reinstalled - after implementing every suggestion on your site & in Support

All settings have been changed everywhere from Vipre Antivirus, IE Internet Settings... nothing seems to change the fact your mgr shows its uninstalled when I have installed (downloaded and "run")

Out of ideas and need the flash player to access sites.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem with Internet Explorer 11, which Microsoft has been aware of since October 18 when they released their latest "untested" browser. The pages can't recognize the browser, so they don't recognize any of the plugins, like Flash Player. So far, Microsoft has made NO indication that they have any plan to fix it soon.
Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using an different browser. Trouble with that is it has seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.
I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for the prompt reply.

If I already uninstalled IE11 a couple of weeks ago and am running ver 10 now - is there something left embedded in my files?  This went wonky after I updated Vipre yesterday. 

Is there only 1 flash file necessary for Win7 64bit? I looked at former downloads and I saw 2.   Perhaps 1 was an Active X plug in?

Wondered if I could change/delete an embedded file so it would run w/ IE10 as it did before the IE update?

As you might surmise I'm not fond of switching browsers.  Chrome was a pain.  Thanks Mike -- Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome IS a pain. I have it for testing purposes only, and I use it for that. It's a major resource hog. I've never been fond of IE. I was FORCED to use it with certain server based apps at two employers, but I kept Firefox as my browser for "surfing" and other  things that needed me to be online.

I've used Firefox since the days when it was called "Mozilla, and then "Firebird", with BOTH Windows and Mac. The ActiveX controls that IE uses, are from 1993 (they're old enough to drink now). Microsoft REFUSES to let go of them because they refuse to let go of them in Office and Visual Basic, even though the entire computing world had abandoned ActiveX by 2002.

ActiveX limits IE's ability to handle CSS3 and Javascript things that other browsers handle without having to be individually allowed EVERY TIME you visit a page with them, and the CSS stuff can't even be done, so you miss out on a lot of really nice visual aspects of modern websites with the 20-year-old technology in Microsoft's poor excuse for a browser. Firefox and Opera are faster than IE too.

I'm not fond of switching stuff either, but I'm even less fond of using stuff that deosn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been reduced to only being able to login via bby cell now.   Flashes email address betw same address but http or https.  Same as is occurring at outlook.com

Anyhow the active X was turned off and now there is no problem w/ win seeing Flash is installed & mgr is running.    Still working fine but now I have blinking illness in IE.  I am so tired.   Appreciate your help.  Any ideas as to how I could reach anyone in US @win IE tech support?  It has caused me 4 hrs in past few days to wiat till person in Asia reai2d they couldn't help me; continuallly xferred to other Asians who did the same.      Tx debra and Caleb (my boy & Avatar)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally good news to report - a special dispensation from above. I useeed Chat at Microsoft, was forwarded to Philippines as usual, then asked for 2nd tier and am happy to report it was associated with win IE 11 upgrade - some errors occurred and it took him well over 1 1/2 hr using remote fix.  He had to go to registriy and check one by one. 

He suggested not to upgrade to IE 11. Not only that but as a 2nd birthday gift I finally got Windows to air with my laptop after a week of trying. 

I am finally happy and am glad to report -- Microoft finally came through - a rare surprise.

Thanks   Debra

Norm says thanksNORM THE PUG.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7 64bit IE11

For me it was unchecking AcitveX filtering

In IE click the cog wheel in the top right, safety, and uncheck "ActiveX Filtering"

Found that answer on a microsoft help site.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem  Windows 7; IE11 and FlashPlayer13 - I have followed EVERY googled fix.  Installed/uninstalled.  Flash shows installed and enabled however Flash Manager shows it is not installed.  Bar across bottom of screen wanting to run the add-on remains and even though "Allow" or "Allow for all websites" is clicked it does not work.  I receive a black box with buffering for anything on youtube, facebook, etc.  Spent three days on this and very frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines