• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting rid of McAfee Security Scan

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This unwanted product was downloaded with latest version of Flash Player (3.8.141). The McAfee download does not included uninstall.exe, so I cannot uninstall it. I have already wasted hours on this. Will you please send me an uninstall.exe. Don't tell me to uninstall using the Windows 7 Contriol Panel - McAfee Security Scan is not even listed there! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They at least need the check box to give the option to install or not install. I want Flash Player not a bunch of garbage attached to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you're running Windows.  I've had to uninstall McAfee Security Scan a couple of times, so I can tell you that you do it through the Control Panel.  Look for a Control Panel item called Programs & Features; on some older systems it's called Add/Remove Programs.  On slow computers it takes a while to make the whole list, but McAfee Security Scan should show up there.  Click it, then look for an Uninstall button and tell your computer you really don't want this piece of garbage!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines