• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I install a single copy of CS 6 on both one Mac and one Windows PC?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I install a single copy of CS 6 on both one Mac and one Windows PC?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you subscribe to the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

If that's true, it seems unreasonable that we can install a single copy onto two Windows PCs or two Macs, but not one of each.

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had an uncomfortable chat with an adobe representative over chat and have included the transcript below. In the end, I don't trust the answer.

Thank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 36 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

You are now chatting with Adobe rep.

Adobe rep: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Jeremy: Hi adobe rep

Adobe rep: Hi.

Adobe rep: May I call you Jemy?

Jeremy: sure.

Adobe rep: Love that

Adobe rep: Thank you for contacting Adobe chat support. I have received your query. Please allow me a moment to review the details of your request.

Jeremy: ok, thanks.

Adobe rep: May I please have your e-mail address registered with Adobe.

Jeremy: yes, it is jeremyc0@yahoo.com

Adobe rep: Yeah jemy. Give me a sec.

Adobe rep: Thank you for the information. Could you please help me with the serial number of your product.

Jeremy: is it a 10-digit number?

Jeremy: i also have an 8-digit PN

Adobe rep: No. that is phone number.

Adobe rep: It would be 24 digit long

Jeremy: ok

Jeremy: probably it's

Jeremy: 722366516998302992

Jeremy: sorry, that's only 18 digits

Adobe rep: no its not

Jeremy: is it the activation number?

Jeremy: i haven't opened the box yet in case i want to return it

Jeremy: i just need to know if i can install it on both a mac and a pc

Jeremy: with a single license

Adobe rep: All right, Take it easy jemy

Adobe rep: Could you please confirm the account. Please provide first name, last name and address of the registered person

Jeremy: first name jeremy, last name chang; i don't know if i have ever provided an address

Jeremy: i also do not understand why you need any of this information

Adobe rep: To validate the account and to make sure that noody can use your product on your behalf

Adobe rep: I can see your address.

Adobe rep: Are we still connected?

Jeremy: yes

Jeremy: i am waiting for your response

Jeremy: i have not yet even opened the box let alone install the software, so i don't know why you would need a serial number

Adobe rep: Thank you for waiting. One moment please.

Adobe rep: I need you to validate the address the first./

Jeremy: i don't remember which address i used, and i would rather not provide one.

Adobe rep: Sorry for the wait. Please do stay online.

Jeremy: ok.

Adobe rep: Till you don't validate I won't be able to help

Jeremy: ok, please let me speak with someone else then.

Adobe rep: With whom? from adobe?

Jeremy: yes.

Adobe rep: Nobody will do that till you don't validate

Jeremy: please let me speak to a manager

Adobe rep: I can't call maneger till yo udon't validate?

Jeremy: please try to do so

Adobe rep: Please try to validate atleast.

Adobe rep: I request.

Adobe rep: Even I do want to help you.

Jeremy: i do not understand why i need to validate to get an answer to this queestion

Jeremy: i don't need to have purchased any product

Jeremy: i don't need to have any sort of account

Jeremy: i just need to know if i purchase this product, whether i can install a single license on two machines

Jeremy: this has nothing to do with me having an account

Jeremy: does that make sense?

Adobe rep: All right, ask

Adobe rep: what is you question?

Jeremy: i have asked it several times already

Jeremy: can i install a single license for creative suite 6 on one mac and one windows pc?

Adobe rep: no you can't

Adobe rep: saperate version will be alowed

Jeremy: what does that mean?

Adobe rep: means for windows there would be a different version and vice versa

Jeremy: i was told that the software comes with both mac and windows version in the same package

Jeremy: but that is fine

Jeremy: is it true that you can install the software on two macs or two windows pcs?

Adobe rep: Which software is that.

Jeremy: creative suite 6

Adobe rep: Master collection?

Jeremy: design standard

Jeremy: are you there?

Jeremy: please transfer me to your manager

Adobe rep: Yes for design std you can do that

Jeremy: i can do what, install it on a mac and a pc? or only two macs or two pcs?

Adobe rep: PC and mac together

Adobe rep: but

Adobe rep: According to the End User License Agreement (EULA) law, it is recommended to install the Adobe Software on only two computers and that is mentioned on the End User License Agreement wheninstalling the Software, provided the Software is not used simultaneously

Adobe rep: However, you can install the Software on the third Computer by de-activating the Software from one of the older one and then install it on the new one so that you can avoid any error message

Adobe rep: while activating the Software.

Adobe rep:

Jeremy: thanks, but that makes no mention of the operating system

Adobe rep: means?

Jeremy: it does not tell me whether the license allows me to simultaneously have it installed on a mac and a pc

Adobe rep: It will tell you when you will install it.

Adobe rep: You will have to click on accept or I agree term.

Jeremy: i don't understand what you are trying to tell me

Jeremy: this has not been helpful

Jeremy: goodbye

Adobe rep: I am saying that this EULA term

Your chat transcript will be sent to jeremyc0@yahoo.com at the end of your chat.

Adobe rep: will get shown when you will try to install the software.

Jeremy: i would like to know before i open the box whether i can install it simultaneously on a mac and a pc

Jeremy: either let me talk to your manager, or i will just leave the chat and pursue help in the forums instead

Adobe rep: yes you can

Jeremy: are you sure?

Jeremy: your answers have not made me very confident

Adobe rep: Yes

Adobe rep: Go ahead

Adobe rep: You were not clear at your questions so that"s why i could not answer you perfectly

Adobe rep: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Jeremy: no.

Jeremy: goodbye.

Adobe rep: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are trying to see. You simply can't install boxed retail versions on different platforms. The serial number is specific to the OS you bought the box for. if you need Mac and PC, then you have to buy two separate licenses, which for all intents and purposes could be a Creative Cloud license in addition to your boxed version. That is that. No need to over-interpret everything. Of course once you went CCM, then you could sell the boxed version, but that's another matter and a pinch you'll have to get yourself out.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2012 Aug 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I just installed single copy of CS6 design standard student edition on both my mac and my pc, and so far no problems. both are showing up as "registered" in my adobe account as well.

hope this helps.

jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to install Adobe Creative Suite 6 for both mac & pc on my pc, and no setup.exe file comes up. I currently have it on my work computer which is a mac, but also need it at home on my pc. Yesterday I called what I thought was an Adobe rep, only to be told I had critical viruses on my computer and needed to pay $300 to get it fixed.

I'm hesitant to call another Adobe rep, and from the look of the forum comments, I should be able to activate my copy on both a mac and a pc as long as I do not use them at the same time.

Anyone out there with some valuable insight, I would most appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same response to your identical question posted in another thread here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1268163

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know this thread is from years ago but I'm having the same issue now... How did you install on both mac and windows? Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chances are it never happened - some people can't live with no for an answer and will claim anything to appear they are right.  If it is possible to have a Mac configured as a PC clone, then that might be the only probable solution to getting a Windows version installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines