Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 7 Not Opening - Loading Screen Freezes

Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the program. I have never had this program on this laptop before. I've waited for over an hour for this program to load and/or unfreeze. However, it's not unfreezing. It's not doing anything. I've tried shutting the program down entirely through the task manager and everything.I just don't get what the problem is. I never have issues opening up Adobe programs. So why this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums

Do you have MAC or Windows ?

As a testing, try launching Adobe Captivate 7 with a different user account of your computer

Thanks,

Vikram Gaur

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have Captivate 7.01.237 and OS Mavericks 10.9.2. I tried to load a prior project but it will not allow me to see the timeline, properties or the Library. I can not even view individual slides. I cleared my cache, updated my Flash player. I try clicking on timeline and properties and it won't click. The library is checked but it is not viewable.

Screen Shot 2014-04-15 at 9.36.30 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has nothing to do with this issue, so why are you posting here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I can, and because the program froze in place. Also Adobe responded to you, so I knew the week it typically takes for a response would be cut in half, which I was correct. But in the end I figured it out, but thanks for your concern!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums

As per the screenshot, I can see that "Timeline" is not checked under Window Pop-up Menu

Double click on any of the slide and then you will see main stage will appear.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Actually it would not allow me to click on the timeline. Everytime I clicked nothing happened. The library the same. Anyway, I did some digging. The preferences file folder got corrupted. It's embedded in my harddrive and once I renamed it, Captivate created a new folder and then all the features that weren't working returned.

Best,

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Windows and there are no other users on this laptop. Just the main/administrator user. That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Go to this location C:\Windows\Fonts

Copy all the fonts file

Create a folder on desktop  and paste all the fonts.

Now delete all the fonts from C:\Windows\Fonts folder

Now launch Captivate 7

Could be an issue with a corrupted font.

Once CP7 launches, you have to copy and paste chunks of fonts (From Desktop folder to C:\Windows\Fonts folder) and launch CP7 again.

Note : Copy and pasting chunks of fonts will help you to find the corrupted font

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources