• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate 7 Crashing...please help!

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in the lastest version of Mac OS.  Earlier this afternoon I was able to at least record videos, albiet they were rendering HORRIBLY compared to how they normally look.  I would even say they were blurry.  Then all of a sudden, I am no longer able to open projects or record new ones.  Captivate just keeps crashing right after I click anything on the Start page.  As with most people, I have some time-sensitive projects due, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you try recreating Captivate 7 Preferences and then launch Captivate:

Open  Finder-- Go to Folder-- "~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Captivate 7",  rename Adobe Captivate 7 folder and make sure you have closed the  Captivate first, and then relaunch.

Create a blank new project and check whether same thing happens on the blank project as well.

P.S.:  Recreating preferences will reset Captivate settings and customizations  to default, that will not make any change in your Project.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I followed these instructions, but I’m still having the same issue.

Toni Pastorino

Technical Writing and Curriculum Development Lead

STEELBRICK CPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try creating a different user account (administrator) on MAC, a test user account.

Switch to that account and check whether Captivate 7 works fine there. It might be an issue with permissions on present user account.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and I was able to access Captivate 7, but I wouldn’t say it works fine.  I have a huge issue with the video quality.  This is a screen shot of one of the slide stills….it’s terrible.  Is it possible re-install?  I have done plenty of recordings with Captivate and I ove it,  I have never had an issue like this before.

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot does not appear here, you can re insert that and show.

If it's still the same issue, then you should uninstall Captivate, restart the system and re install it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a link to download?  I have a subscription for the product and when I use the download like, I am getting a fatal error. 

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varun,

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it is still not working.  I’m having the exact same issues.  It will open the Start Window and then immediately crash when I try to create or open a project. 

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toni,

Now after re installing it again, could you log out and log in to another Admin user account that you created.

Launch Captivate in that user account and try creating a blank new project, or recording.

I am suspecting that this might be an issue with permissions on this user account.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to login and use it as a Guest User.  I didn’t even need to be an admin, which makes even less sense.  HOWEVER, the image quality is still not adequate.  I do not understand why it’s not recording clear video. 

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have there been compatibility issues with Mac?

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I try to download Adobe 6? I really need something to work.

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

M: (847) 345-0079

tpastorino@steelbrick.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would having some success with Adobe 6, until it crashed and now I’m having the same issue.

Toni Pastorino

STEELBRICK CPQ

M: (847) 345-0079

tpastorino@steelbrick.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is beginning to sound very much like your issue is related to your system environment.  Are you on a networked PC?  If so, is your company using virtual My Documents folders on LAN servers or roaming user profiles etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not on a network PC. I work remotely on a MacBook Pro that I purchased on my own. We’re a small shop, without IT, so we set everything up on our own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end it was an issue with fonts. I had to go to each of these locations and copy the files onto my desktop:

HD > Library > Fonts

HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Fonts

HD > System > Library > Fonts

HD > Users > Library Fonts

I then restarted and opened the application successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toni

Am having the same issues. Could you explain more about the font solution, I've tried everything else you've mentioned.

Any help would be great

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that some font is corrupting Captivate. Solution is to take them out of  mentioned places (copy to desktop), and see if Captivate is working OK. Then you can start to re-add fonts.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2014 May 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - i took fonts out of system folder and totally wrecked my Mac, had to reinstall OS X.... so obviously i've got it wrong, please explain exactly as that would help a non tech person like me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources