• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 install is not working

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had RoboHelp 10 on my Windows Vista machine, a volume licensed copy that I downloaded and installed locally, and it was running perfectly. Then, per company policy, I had to upgrade to Windows 7. Did my backups, upgraded and now, when I try to install the previous version of RoboHelp 10, it asks me for a license number, which it didn't the last time I installed. So I went back to our repository and downloaded the install of RoboHelp 10 that is there, ran it to install it, it goes all the way through the command window, tells me the install is finished and to press a key to remove the temp files, I press, the window disappears and there is no RoboHelp 10 in the Start menu. I tried rebooting to see if it would appear: it is not there. Ended up trying this twice with the same result.

I'm desperate as I have something to turn in shortly so I installed the trial version for 30 days to buy myself some time until I can fix this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Helen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Answered my own question! The secret is that no browser can be open. ALL of them must be closed, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, whatever. Then it installs like a charm and immediately appears on the Start menu!

Posting this for others,

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered my own question! The secret is that no browser can be open. ALL of them must be closed, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, whatever. Then it installs like a charm and immediately appears on the Start menu!

Posting this for others,

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not doubting you and best advice is not to have anything running when you

install any software. However, I haven't heard that causing a problem with Rh.

Thanks for posting that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp