• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe AIR needed if no cloud is used?

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need Adobe AIR? I have the whole Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6 suite but I don't use any cloud services nor plan to. If Acrobat and Photoshop ever go only the way of Adobe Cloud (which seems to be) then for the 1st time in my history with Adobe I think I will go with its competitors--but that's another issue.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is important is invisible to the eye." ---------The Little Prince

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless something is indicating you need to install Adobe AIR, you don't need to install it.  There are many applications that you might acquire that could require having it installed, so don't be surprised if something unrelated to Adobe requires you to download AIR to make use of it.  I believe even some Adobe applications make use of AIR, like updaters and whatnot, so you might see something asking for it if you pursue having a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines