New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using:

RH Html 11

Windows 7

I have a 2 part question on the Link Convertor Script:

1) I can't get the link converter to run within my project. I can edit/save the script however it won't run. I checked this against a version of RH9 I had installed on the same project and was able to run and replace no problem on RH9, RH11 i'm having issues. Anyone else experience this?

2) How do I change the redirect link back to an existing help page within my manual? I have a few thousand links directing to our website that we want to repoint into the imported content page. Can I simply insert the file name in the redirect link? i.e.

VAR newlink = 'page.htm'

Or do I need to include the path as well?

Thank you for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The script may not appear to run but it did in a simple test I just set up. It only changes the underlying link, not the text of the link.

Yes you can do what you have suggested to point to a topic but that will only work if all the topics are at the same level as the newlink has to contain the relative path.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter thanks for the help as always. Follow up

I was able to make test links run no problem, I sampled a variety of websites and was able to make the link convertor work. However on the links i'm attempting to change it doesn't seem to recognize the href link. Do you know if their are character limits ont he links? characters it doesn't support? Here is an example of one of the links it didn't recognize

https://inside.courts.wa.gov/index.cfm?fa=cntlManuals.showManualsPage&manualid=perrules&file=pbrupda...

Things I thought might be the issue and have tried:

- RH9 vs. 11 tested on both, neither converts

- imported vs created in project, neither works as well if I use the above url

I appreciate any ideas/comments you may have. Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to add another note, the work around I figured is loading into dreamweaver/notepad++ and doing a find a replace on the individual href for all project files. I'd much rather work in application if possible. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware of any limit but that is not a simple link. Also I thought you wanted to reference another topic in the project rather than a web page.

I tried the link in a browser and it does not connect. It looks more like a problem with the target.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think our internal security settings are mudding the waters. The URLS are kind of wonkey as they are behind our firewall. So far the best bet I have (as I cannot change the entire site) is uploading the htm files into a dreamweaver project and doing a find a replace on the href tags. Question: I'm hoping RH recognizes these changes? Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Make a backup.

2) Pray.

3) Try it in Dreamweaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp