• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i integrate Wordpress in my Muse website?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2013 Mar 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying different things, i still can't figure out how to integrate a Wordpress blog in my Muse website... I can't seem to find an easy way by iframing or by changing html codes...

On wordpress website they are saying it's possible by adding a php code into a current PHP page... but muse only does HTML . and just renaming the page in PHP doesn't work neither... Has anyone succeeded doing this?

Wordpress is used a lot, it should be one of the features of Muse..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Hi There.

So the solution for this requires two things. Well actually you could do it in your OS's build in explorer and the text editor of choise, but that would take ages to complete.

So how do we quicken up the process, and what do i actually want you to do here. Well...

.html files can be converted into .php files with no loose whatsoever. The reason it breaks a site created in Adobe Muse is because the code generated by Muse refers to .html files and not .php files. So you need to rename ALL y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you answered your own queston

On wordpress website they are saying it's possible by adding a php code into a current PHP page... but muse only does HTML

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so there's no way to make a php page with Muse? or 'transform' it somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this out http://www.muse-themes.com/pages/muse-widget-directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a similar problem now. I am creating a website that contains mostly static pages, but one page is a dynamic, blog style page. I am trying to get the look and feel of my other pages to be transferred to this page as well, but am unsure about the best way of achieving this.

Does anyone know of a way to property extract header and footer information from the html files that Muse generates and transfer it to php for the WordPress page? I think this would allow WordPress to look like the rest of my site, but unfortunately I do not know how to get that header and footer information from html and make it php.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is not really a fix but what we did at Things & Ink.

We built the main site using Adobe Muse to give Things & Ink magazine a web presence on mobile, tablet and desktop.

Our strategy behind integrating a blog into the website was simply displaying a RSS feed on the homepage.

Currently the blog is still hosted with Wordpress but we really want to move everything to Busincess Catalyst and use their blogging engine but we cant because at the moment the BC is not natively supported in Muse. We are hoping the MonkeyBar Advance CMS Intergration is our solution which we are currently trying to work out. (http://tv.adobe.com/watch/muse-feature-tour/muse-advanced-cms-integration/)

http://www.thingsandink.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@parestailor

What you have done for Things & Ink is adequate for what I am trying to accomplish. Would you mind sharing the steps for achieving this? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2013 Mar 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brandt

Sure, we are using Google Feed's API.

See here:

https://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/#feed_control

I recommend you click Edit HTML (top right corner). Read through the code and hopefully you should be able to gain an understanding on how its working. Lines 24-25 are probably the most important ones. Remove line 25 if you just want one feed.

If you use the default template Google Feed's API has to offer...

Lines 1-31 go in to the "Meta description" section of the page.

Lines 32+ go where ever you wish on that page, remember to embed this content as HTML. "Insert HTML"

If i manage to work out MonkeyBar Advance CMS Intergration i will share!

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@parestailor

See link below; this is actually what I want to do. See how their navigation at the top of the page looks like every other page on their website, yet they have blog-style posting? This is EXACTLY what I want to achieve, without being redirected to another site. I am having difficulty because the RSS does not want to display images. Is there away to achieve this by embedding an HTML?

This is all to make postings to the page without using Muse, and I'm open to any blog format that will allow pictures and text (Blogger, WordPress).

Any tips on this?

http://www.tannergoods.com/blogs/news

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand what you're saying, and I know exactly what you're trying to do... Good news, I can help!

Use one of the Wordpress themes that is pretty basic; like a white theme.  Customize it as you please.

Go to Muse and open up your "blog" page.  Design the header as you please. 

Click "Object" > "Insert HTML..."

Paste this code

<iframe id="myIframe" src="http://socialmediasaver.com/blog/" height="2000" width="1500"<FRAMEBORDER="0" FRAMESPACING="0" BORDER="0" NORESIZE scrolling="no">

</iframe>

What you are doing, is creating a seamless i-frame that has no borders.  This is the easiest way to accomplish what you're looking for without having create many php scripts.

Hope this helps!

http://www.SocialMediaSaver.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2013 Aug 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SocialMediaSaver so WP files would be loaded to the source URL (ie: src="http://socialmediasaver.com/blog/")? 

In other words, we insert the destination of the WP files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2013 Oct 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is a nice solution, however scrolling does not work on iOS devices (like iPad, iPhone). any bug fix for those devices available?

thanks for your help,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the tanner website my iPad and it was a mess.  I guess it was not optimized for the iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parestailor,

I know this is way late but can you go into further detail on how you got the rss feed to work? The link you provided no longer works. I'm guess Google Feeds api is no longer available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find solution for your question if you watch the next Jam Session on the 24th of October

https://www.facebook.com/events/397318610394491/

Best Regards

TaikaJim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These two post are just BS. Please to the host of this forum - delete these two posts. Have exactly nothing to do with muse at all.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There.

So the solution for this requires two things. Well actually you could do it in your OS's build in explorer and the text editor of choise, but that would take ages to complete.

So how do we quicken up the process, and what do i actually want you to do here. Well...

.html files can be converted into .php files with no loose whatsoever. The reason it breaks a site created in Adobe Muse is because the code generated by Muse refers to .html files and not .php files. So you need to rename ALL your .html files to .php AND you need to do the exact same within your documents.

What you'll need is: A program that can rename multible file at once, and another to find and replace within multible files

I used these

Adobe Bride

Dreamweaver

Here is a guide for you to convert your site Adobe Muse site into a fully functional php site.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+     REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR WEBSITE  +

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First we rename the file extentions...

1. Open Adobe Bridge.

1. Within Bridge navigate and select all the folders and files that was created when you exported your Muse website as html.

2. Now go to Tools>Batch Rename.

3. In the window that opens find New Filenames.

4. Set option one to String Substitution and Option two to Original Filename.

5. In the Find: test field enter .html and in the Replace With: text field enter .php make sure 'replace all' is cheched.

Now all your html files has been converted into fully functional php files, that could be integrated into wordpress.

But your site is currently broken, cause all the links on your website still looks for html files.

To get around this you'll need a program that can find and replace on multible files. I Used Adobe Dreamweaver. And this is how it's done in Dreamweaver.

1. Open Dreamweaver.

2. Edit > Find and Replace...

3. In the window change Find in: to Folder...

4. Select the folder where your Muse website is stored.

5. In the Find: field enter .html in the Replace: field enter .php

6. Press Replace All.

All done. Your website is now a fully functional php site, that can run php code. You will now be able to integrate wordpress into your website.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Integrating_WordPress_with_Your_Website

Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got any links to websites where this has been achieved please?

Has anyone else had success with wordpress?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically my client required to add news post by him self, and what better way than Wordpress is there for that.

I am running a local website using the MAMP server that utilizes php, but was built in Adobe Muse that generates only html. I've installed wordpress onto the website, and has indeed used php code to integrate the website with my wordpress installation.

I'll upload a full how-to video guide on how convert your site into a php enabled website, and integrate it with wordpress, when i get home. Stay tuned.

/Jacob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers jacob. Looking forward to it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob!

The thousand-dollar question is how do we integrate a Wordpress blog or even a Wordpress website into Muse. This is much more interesting issue!

Best Regards

TaikaJim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we are talking!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by integrating it into Adobe Muse. If you mean integrate it into the program it self? That is not possible. You could do it with an iframe, but it's a horrible solution, that nobody likes..

You would need to request that feature from Adobe. The chances for that to happen is same, as your chances to win the lotteri tomorrow.

Instead you wanna look at Adobe Business Catalyst, which is much like the wordpress.com solution, where you website is stored in the cloud. It's primarily targetted towars small businesses, but anybody can you it really.

Adobe Business Catalyst is integrated into Adobe Muse. I've neved used it, so don't blame me if it sucks!

Stay tuned for the video, it'll be up soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i just realized, that it'll take two hours to upload the video... My upload speed is a horrible 50 kb/s

I will upload it tomorrow in school.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go...

The wordpress part will be up soon enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines