• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash crashing my Windows 7 computer?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So a while back i started crashing randomly so i googled it and found nothing and it eventually stopped but recently it started again but more frequently. At first i thought it was Steam because when i opened it my computer would crash but when i uninstalled it i would still crash then i noticed it was only when i was watching youtube / was on a flash game so i did some researching and found out that others were having this issue is 2010/2013 and seeming to have the same crashing problems. Is there any was to fix this? Freezing computer(can still move mouse), Blue screen, auto restart, says Operating system is not found, have to restart again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: It appears to have been fixed. All i did was install the beta update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the beta may or may not have any effect on Chrome. Google embeds a "proprietary" plug-in called PepperFlash into Chrome. Unless you've disabled that one, Chrome won't "fall back" on the beta you installed.

Type "chrome://plugins" in your Chrome address bar.

Click "Details" at the top right.

Scroll to the Adobe Flash Player listing.

In order for the beta to be activated, you MUST disable the PepperFlash plug-in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... Could You help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow what I just posted but download and install either the Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)  or the Flash Player Beta Plug-in for Windows – for all other browsers first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I know this forum is from a month ago but I'm experiencing the same issues and your fix does not help me. This is how my computer looks, after I start a youtube video. Not fun, sometimes if I'm lucky I can close the browser // tab and it will fix itself.

Windows 7 32bit, Chrome is my main browser, but this happens in IE aswell

20140416_205902.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that before.

It's caused by video hardware. I had a 19" dell monitor that did this when connected to a Mac Mini or a Gateway tower with Windows XP. Turned out the monitor was bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're saying my monitor is causing the crashes? That doesn't make sense since I lose computer response as well.. Also I watch other stuff like Twitch.tv w/ no problems, it's only when I watch videos from Youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darkwisp wrote:

So you're saying my monitor is causing the crashes? That doesn't make sense since I lose computer response as well.. Also I watch other stuff like Twitch.tv w/ no problems, it's only when I watch videos from Youtube.

Nope. I said when I saw that, it was caused by a bad monitor. It's caused by "video hardware", which could be all sorts of things. Those repetitive lines are caused by something electrical, sort of like a sine wave on an oscilloscope. Software doesn't cause a monitor, (CRT, LED or LCD) to do that. What you're seeing is cycles of output caused by whatever component malfucntions when this happens. It could be a connector, the GPU, or any of who knows how many different things on the MoBo or throughout the system. Something in YouTube videos, and probably other sites as well, is pushing something too far or accessing something bad hardwarewise, that fails and causes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alrighty, I was hoping for a semi-simple fix.. But I knew the system was dieing, so that's just one more reason to get something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines