• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to transfer Premier Pro CS6 from a laptop to a iMac.

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I no longer wish to use the software on my laptop and prefer to use it on the iMac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

russhel wrote:

it is a Mac serial number - where do I find the download

From the link provided in my first reply

Download the software from http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-download s.html

do I need to deactivate the software on my laptop before I activate it on my iMac?

Only if you definitely do not want to use the software on your laptop again.

You're allowed to activate the software on a maximum of two computers simultaneously so you can leave it activated on your lapt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Mac serial number for CS6 then yes.

Download the software from http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html

Install then enter your Mac serial number when prompted.

If you have a Windows serial number for CS6 then you'll have to apply to Adobe for a platform swap and get a Mac serial number.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.html

Until you receive the Mac serial number, you can run the trial version of Premiere Pro CS6 on your Mac. Once you receive your Mac serial number, launch the software and enter the serial number to license the trial version on your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a Mac serial number - where do I find the download and do I need to deactivate the software on my laptop before I activate it on my iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

russhel wrote:

it is a Mac serial number - where do I find the download

From the link provided in my first reply

Download the software from http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-download s.html

do I need to deactivate the software on my laptop before I activate it on my iMac?

Only if you definitely do not want to use the software on your laptop again.

You're allowed to activate the software on a maximum of two computers simultaneously so you can leave it activated on your laptop if there's a possibility of using the software again on that computer. If you deactivate, you free up one activation for use on another computer.

To deactivate, launch the software and click Help > Deactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines