• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition CS5.5 serial number issues

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Audition CS5.5 installed on my laptop, bought from Adobe in cd form.

I've just bought a mac and want to move it over (will obviously delete the old one once I've done this)

I only have the cd but didn't have any luck trying to install it from there. Managed to find my serial number and have tried downloading from Adobe website and it says serial number invalid. I was under the impression that I could reinstall it using same serial number on a 2nd device.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rach88mowgli wrote:

I have Adobe Audition CS5.5 installed on my laptop

Windows version or Mac version?

If you're trying to install the Windows version on a Mac then it won't work since the serial number is operating system specific.

You're entitled to install and activate the software on a maximum of two computers at the same time: 2 x Macs or 2 x Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying quickly!

I take it Adobe don't give you another serial key to use for a mac version download?

Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I take it Adobe don't give you another serial key to use for a mac version download?

Not unless you buy one - either new full version for Mac or upgrade and switch platform from Win to Mac. That's always been a limitation of Creative Suite versions; they come with platform specific serial numbers. There's no such limitation with Cloud (CC) versions.

You can upgrade from Windows CS5.5 to Mac CS6 (known as a crossgrade) for US$75 but then you cannot use CS6 on Windows.

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesui...

Or you can join the Cloud (available via subscription only) and get Audition CC which will work on both Windows and/or Mac for no extra cost. Cross-platform activation is one advantage of the Cloud versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines