• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's with the persistent unwanted McAffee crapware?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Why is it that Adoble feels compelled to try and force McAfee's crapware onto my computer with every update? Can you please create a permanent opt out of everything other than the update desired? Thankfully, everytime I''ve missed the carefully hidden opt out button when updating Adobe I have at least caught it during the install process in time to kill the entire install. By then I'm usually pissed off and don't bother updating Adobe at all. Why would Adobe want to alienate customers like this? What marketing genius thinks this is good for Adobe? If I wanted McAfee, I would go get McAfee... I do not want McAfee... Get it? I wonder how many people send you messages just like this one...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're NOT addressing Adobe here. This is a user to user forum, and we're just like you. I have AVG and I don't like McAfee or Norton. But I'm a Mac user too, and I can't stand Windows for the fact that it must have anti virus software to begin with.

Use the FULL installers:

Nothing bundled with those. Bookmark the links. Use them whenever you get an update notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines