• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you use CS6 serial number for Lightroom 4?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I used to have CS6 and Lightroom downloaded on my computer but it fried and I had to replace it. On my new laptop, I tried downloading Lightroom and using my old serial number, but it didn't work. I was wondering if maybe it was Lightroom 4, and Adobe had released Lightroom 5 during the time when I didnt' have a computer. Can I use my CS6 serial if I download Lightroom 4?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Can I use my CS6 serial if I download Lightroom 4?

No. The CS6 serial number is very specific: it only works for the product and operating system that it was purchased it for.

If you had, for example, Photoshop CS6 for Windows, that CS6 serial number would not even work on a Mac.

You'll need to locate your Lightroom 4 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can I use my CS6 serial if I download Lightroom 4?

No. The CS6 serial number is very specific: it only works for the product and operating system that it was purchased it for.

If you had, for example, Photoshop CS6 for Windows, that CS6 serial number would not even work on a Mac.

You'll need to locate your Lightroom 4 serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines