• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error loading player..."message on PBS web site

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the latest version of Flash Player and it is enabled. Since doing so, I haven't been able to watch "Antiques Roadshow" videos on PBS. I get this message, "Error loading player No playable sources found". I have checked and double-checked all my add-ons and everything is enabled. I never had this problem with an older version of FP. Have I overlooked something? Is it possible one has nothing to do with the other? Thanks.

Message was edited by: needhamwoman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2014 Apr 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help us to help you.

What Operating System do you use?

OS X can be 10.5.8, 10.6.8, 10.7.5, 10.8.5 or 10.9.2

What browser do you use?

If IE, give the version number (8, 9, 10, or 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry about not giving more info. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate and I have IE11 for Windows 7.The latest version of Flash Player would be 13.0.0.182. The strange thing is, checking with Adobe, it says it is not installed but in my 'add-ons', it is "enabled". I have tried all the instructions from Adobe to install at least a dozen times and I thought I had it. Obviously I do not and I am not sure what else to do.  Oh yes, Active X is also enabled. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2014 Apr 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uncheck the active X filtering and see if that does the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After unchecking Active X, I get constant messages asking if I want to run Active X and Plug-ins. Now I can't get it to stop plus Flash Player still not installed. I will probably just call the customer service line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

needhamwoman wrote:

After unchecking Active X, I get constant messages asking if I want to run Active X and Plug-ins. Now I can't get it to stop plus Flash Player still not installed. I will probably just call the customer service line.

ActiveX... Is the reason I refuse to use Internet Exploder. You have to disable it for so many things, and then THAT leaves IE vulnerable to security exploits. Microsoft's browser is and always has been pure garbage for that reason.

Seriously, you'd do a LOT better with a different browser:

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that, because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2014 Apr 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may seriously take you up on that idea. I have had Opera and the major problem I had with it is that I couldn't do any online banking because my local bank's systems didn't recognise it. I do have 1 friend who does have it but he doesn't do anything online so it suits him. I might consider Chrome. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Opera is based on "Chromium". In other words, it uses the same browser engine. If your bank's site recognizes Chrome, it should recognize Opera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines