• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recognising an e-Reader

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2014 Apr 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Adobe Digital Editions 3.0.86..... on a Windows-7 laptop. Installation worked fine. I have downloaded an ePub novel from my local eLibrary, successfully and it is readable in ADE. However, when I connect my eReader (Sony PRS-T2) the ADE software does not recognise the eReader. The eReader is recognised by the computer, but the appropriate icon in ADE does not appear so I cannot sync the ADE library with the eReader.

I have tried connecting the eReader both before and after starting ADE, the same result in each case.

Can anyone help me get the ADE to recognise the reader?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you Authorized your ereader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem w/ my SONY PRS-T1 - no visible reader in the ADE window but both the WIndows File Explorer & the Sony Reader for PC s/w do see it. The computer IS authorized in ADE - but since ADE doesn't see the reader, how do I authorize it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when it plugged into the computer it doesn't show up?  Sorry I don't know what to do then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Sony support the Sony ereader doesn't work with ADE.  That's why you don't see the reader in the window.  What needs to be done is contact Kobo and get them to fix things.  It's not a ADE problem.  It's the way Sony set things up in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no problem authorizing Adobe Digital Editions and ensuring that my Sony Reader was authorized with the same email address. So I can easily download a book into ADE. But when I connect my reader to the computer with the USB cable, the computer recognises the reader, but ADE does not. An icon is supposed to appear in ADE representing the reader so I can drag books to the reader. But ADE never recognises the rpesence of a reader.

This is extremely irritating.

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So contact Kobo support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually having a similar problem.  I got the library book on my ereader but when i try to open it the reader won't let me read it saying its not authorized but I did authorized it.  Maybe you just need to authorize it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines