• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8 Download

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2007 Aug 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently develop with CF6.1 and was getting ready to buy CF8.
I am a single developer I run 1 copy locally

But I read this below

Thank you for your interest in ColdFusion. In the list below, you will find download options for ColdFusion 8 and ColdFusion MX 7, both of which are available as Developer Edition and Trial Edition. The Developer Edition is a free, fully functional version of ColdFusion for the local development of applications that are intended to be deployed on either ColdFusion Standard or ColdFusion Enterprise servers. Access to applications running on a Developer Edition server is limited to two client machines. ColdFusion Trial Edition is fully functional and intended for simulated production and evaluation purposes only. The Trial Edition contains all of the Enterprise Edition features and will timeout after 30 days from the time you install the product. After the timeout period, the Trial Edition will revert to the Developer Edition.

Which version do I need?

I don't understand the difference between the 2 options??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2007 Aug 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Which version do I need?
>
> I don't understand the difference between the 2 options??

The trial version turns into the developer version if you
don't purchase after 30 days - but during the setup you
need to choose the developer options. This is a free
version to run on your developing computer. I understand
it doesn't work on a network with many users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install the developer edition. Use this for creating and testing your apps.

Only 2 IP addresses can use developer. Also when you run (in CF 7 anyway) CFDocument or Reporting pages in PDF either a watermark will appear or you will need to test using Flashpaper. No big deal.

This will give you all the features of CF, no charge, to help in keeping design costs low. When complete deploy your sites with the full versions and since you have used developer you know it will work.

Give Adobe credit for keeping this option available. Allaire and Macromedia offered this and it helps all small designers contain costs.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2007 Aug 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
> Give Adobe credit for keeping this option available. Allaire and
> Macromedia
> offered this and it helps all small designers contain costs.

Amen. I think it would kill CF if developers had to pay since
many newbies would never start and find out how functional
CF is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation