• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard time getting CF to work on Vista

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2007 Jun 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on an XP machine, with DW8 and CF installed, no problems. Please bear with me, because my skill level in server configurations is very basic.

In one day, I purchased a new Vista OS laptop, and then installed Adobe CS3, with Coldfusion 7 developer download from the website.

CS3 seemed to install without a problem. When I went to install the CF 7 download, it appeared to install fine. BUT, when I go to DW now, it will not process any code that is dynamic. It won't create any recordsets, etc. It won't even bring up the Databases panel without giving me an error that says "Access to temp.html was denied" or "Access to _mmServerScript\_notes\dwsync.xml was denied".

I've very frustrated. Any ideas what has/hasn't happened?

I've tried to install the IIS server in the control panel, but am not really sure what it does. I've also uninstalled it. And have reinstalled/uninstalled CF several times. No luck.

I've also followed these directions by Heidi to the letter, with no luck???

Thanks,
Stephen
Tallahassee, FL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 12, 2007 Aug 12, 2007
I'm so sorry you have had these problems. My solution was to just install CF8, which went in seemlessly. It is too bad that Adobe can't just admit this.

<<There is nothing to admit by Adobe. Vista is not a supported platform by CFMX7 per the System Requirements. CF8 does support Vista. Thanks.

Ken Smith
Tier 3 ColdFusion/JRun Support
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2007 Aug 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling for days - literally - trying to get CF 7 installed on a vista machine. Every time I solved one issue (so many very informative posts on this forum) another half dozen would pop up. After spending days on this with no concrete results, I am finally giving up and am going to trial the CF 8 version, which states it will run under vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2007 Aug 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry you have had these problems. My solution was to just install CF8, which went in seemlessly. It is too bad that Adobe can't just admit this.

<<There is nothing to admit by Adobe. Vista is not a supported platform by CFMX7 per the System Requirements. CF8 does support Vista. Thanks.

Ken Smith
Tier 3 ColdFusion/JRun Support
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2007 Aug 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In article <f4pukl$dha$1@forums.macromedia.com> "sbsmithfl"
<webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:
> In one day, I purchased a new Vista OS laptop, and then installed
> Adobe CS3, with Coldfusion 7 developer download from the website.

Vista is not a supported platform for ColdFusion 7.
> without giving me an error that says "Access to temp.html was
> denied" or "Access to _mmServerScript\_notes\dwsync.xml was denied".

This looks like Vista permissions problems. By default, user accounts
don't seem to have permission to write to c:\inetpub\wwwroot on Vista.
I haven't (yet) figured out how to change that (I'm very new to Vista
myself) so I simply run programs as administrator to write to that
directory. Instead of just clicking on DW to start it, right-click and
Run As Administrator... Then it should be able to write to wwwroot.
Worked for my for Notepad :)

I'm *not* recommending this from a security point of view. Much better
to figure out how to change the permissions on the wwwroot directory
so you don't need administrator access!
> I've very frustrated. Any ideas what has/hasn't happened?

Well, you bought Vista... Like I say, I'm new to Vista as well and
whilst I dislike it less than I disliked XP, I find it more
frustrating in terms of security. That's why I normally use a Mac :)

Sean Corfield
An Architect's View -- < http://corfield.org/>

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 67 days.
You should really try it!
http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally did install CF 8 (the trial version) last night. However, after launching CF admistrator, I'm still getting IIS errors. This is the error:

HTTP 404.2

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI restriction list settings on the web server.

Which of the .dll files is missing from the scripts? Does anyone know what's happening here? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The error code 404.2 means Web service extension lockdown policy prevents this request.
There are few security restriction will encounter if you are not configured IIS in admin mode in vista or xp.

If you let us know which version of Windows <vista or xp> will be able to tell you what exactly the problem is because there are many difference from IIS5.1 to IIS 7 in ISAPI extension configuration.

Thank You
Kiran Sakhare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I was able to add the correct script maps under the handler mapping area and it's working fine now. I hope CF 8 continues to work well with Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation