• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 260 Replies 260
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2006 Jul 23, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz help, someone? still no answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2007 Jul 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2006 Jul 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz help. come on, no one can even give a suggestion!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2006 Jul 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help this guy, I'm having exact same problem exept I get no sound on ANY flash content... it works fine on Windows media, Real, Quicktime, MP3, ect... everything except flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2006 Jul 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same problem no sound but with video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2006 Jul 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is too bad... still no answer : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems too...

After I upgraded to Flash Player 9, I can no longer VIEW embeded movies at all...
They show up just like a missing graphic.
(white box with X in corner)

I called Adobe Tech Support, and the lady told me that the only help they have on this software is on the website.
I haven't been able to find anything on this site that helps yet.

Anyone out there find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had sound in any Flash content for a month although all other players work fine.

I've even had my IT department look my PC over and they can't figure it out. We've tried:

Updating to Flash 9
Uninstall and re-install of all Macromedia products
Install and uninstall of Flash Pro trial version
Uninstal and reinstall of Microsoft SP2
2 different sound sources (cards), an SB audigy and the on-board sound, and all the latest drivers

It's funny but I feel like an internet media cripple. My work mates send me Utube clips and I can't enjoy them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2006 Sep 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. NO Video and NO sound. You have any luck resolving it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2007 Feb 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

painfully.... painfully... DITTO!

please help Text

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2007 Feb 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to all who have tried the registry fix, the codec packs, reinstalling flash, settings etc, and still have problems. Before you quit, try uninstalling and reinstalling or updating your sound drivers. Do this even if All other sound works. After all the other things, I tried this out of desparation, and got my sound back for flash. Cant say why, but I recreated the problem by uninstalling flash and reinstalling it. my sound quit on flash, then reinstall sound drivers again and bingo! there it was. How wierd is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2006 Aug 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is clear that this is not an isolated problem or case.

yet, adobe is keeping mum about this.

as users, we are only asking for tips or directions so we can seek a solution.

if this is a recognized problem by adobe, at least this should be publicly acknowledge so all of us don't waste our time thinking this is a problem on our end.

comment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2006 Aug 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your right y2kmp3! This problem of no sound is on soooo many forums, and nobody knows how to fix it. This is definately not an isolated problem and did not have a problem with it atall until Adobe took over and released version 9. Cheese-&-Rice Adobe, pull your finger out... Your suppose to be one bigger companies that produce high quality products, what happened here? You've damaged what was a good working program! This is not exactly a small bug thats easily missed or can be ignored, so how the hell did your quality control miss it? and step up a gear with your customer relations, we can forgive a bug... programming a difficult job so we understand it may happen occasionally but it pee's us off when you dont appear to even acknoledge the problem and that your working on rectifying it! Come on sort it out Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going here:
<b> http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html</b?
Make sure on the left side Global notification and settings are set up for youtube.<br>
I/E : Global Notifications settings panel<br>
Global Storage settings panel
By clicking on these texts, a load up option small utility will or should load up you could have <b>Youtube</b> blocked
Well-Hey just one more thing to try.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more..I'm super ticked ..i thought it was just me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I'll add my voice to the growing mob. I get no sound at all out of Flash Player 8 & 9 (I don't have any earlier versions to test). All other audio players and applications work fine.

I've struggled with this problem for 3 months, posted on half a dozen tech help forums, and always the answer is the same: "Join the club, bro."

WAKE UP, ADOBE. This aint 18th century France, but you may get a revolution on your hands if you don't start respecting your customers' pleas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2006 Aug 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem fixed - checked my sound device settings and they'd all been set to somthing other than sound card (modem - wtf?) - anyway changed them back and no more sound problem with flash

rhetorical question - how come all the other players worked then???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2006 Aug 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea to look at sound settings. I was having the same problem with Flash Player in OS X-- since I installed 9 beta I couldn't get sound to work, not even when I reverted to 8. In the Applications > Utilities folder I opened the Audio MIDI setup and found audio output was set to 96khz, and changing it to 44 or 48khz made it so sound again played in flash movies / animations, etc. Hope this helps any mac users out there having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2006 Aug 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sloanie, thanks for the O SX solution to this baffling problem....I'm glad to atleast be able to hear the audio when watching youtube. I'm still a bit bewildered and confused as to why this happened at all. for me it seems to have happened completely out of the blue. ive had flash player 9 since it came out, and just yesterday something goes wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2006 Aug 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem ended up being with Quicktime.

I had no sound on youtube and tried everything listed (regedits, reinstalls, etc.), and in the end I went to the control panel under quicktime preferences>>audio tab>>Default music synthesizer. I changed this from 'quicktime music synth.' to 'general midi', and amazingly enough youtube sound works. I did have sound working on google videos and other flash video sites, youtube was the only problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2007 Nov 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the QuckTime tip (I think way back on page 1)! I was going crazy trying to figure out my sound problem with streaming videos (mostly in Youtube) for the past day or so...but a couple clicks in QuickTime restored my sound immediately! I am bookmarking this thread for future reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2007 Feb 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Flash 9 and the current Mac OS on Power Mac laptop G4. This worked. I also forwarded this to my local Mac Genius bar.

Now - does anybody know why?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2007 Nov 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it. Thank you! for the tip. I wouldn't have looked there. I don't know what changed that setting because I didn't. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2006 Aug 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using win xp sp2. i checked all my sound settings. it looked ok.

my trouble is that i ONLY have NO SOUND, for example, when playing a youtube video that is EMBEDDED in a site OTHER THAN youtube. if i play the SAME video FROM youtube site directly, the sound is there.

when there is no sound, i can see that the sound bar is set to 0 at the bottom of the video when the video first plays. after it plays (without sound), even if i manually move the sound bar up, there is still no sound.

help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines