• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player on Mute?

Sep 01, 2007 Sep 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I have installed Macromedia Flash Player and it seems to be on Mute. I can't hear any videos that load through flash player, and it may be a simple solution, but I can not figure out how to take it off Mute.

Can any one help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2007 Sep 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise - I recently installed "Adobe Flash player 9 Axctive X" on my XP Platform (as a result of trying to view CNN.com video downloads)...results are No audio, only animation....can find no such entry under Adobe TechNote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional follow-up 9/5/2007: I just spoke to Adobe Tech support and learned that there is "NO Tech Soupport" for this product at this time - 9/5/2007

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional follow-up: Spent close to 45 minutes tumbling through forums and technotes to find zip on issue of no audio from "Adobe Flash Player 9 active X"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technically this is a correct answer. Because Flash Player is a free product we only offer installation support via web-case.

I've heard of this before, but it's been pretty scattered reports with no consistent solution. Hence we didn't technote it. A quick google search brings up a few possible things you can try:
http://weyland.be/wrdprss/index.php/2006/08/22/no-sound-in-macromedia-flash-player-9/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I visited the link that you show in your reply, and followeded the steps to find that this file is already there in my system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2007 Sep 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Could you be more specific about what you're checking as you see it on YOUR system?

Also check all the other things mentioned in that thread as well. There are so many variables involved in each machine's sound setup that I cannot even guess what might be causing the problem at this point .

Also, AS A TEST, it would be interesting to know if issue happens to Flash Player plug-in running in NON IE browsers. IE is the only browser that uses the Flash Player ActiveX control. Everything else uses the plugin. To test, install Firefox ( http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/) and install the Flash Plugin from Adobe.com.

Note that I'm not proposing you -switch- browsers. Just that you test to see if you get the same behavior in the Flash Player plugin as the ActiveX control.

But of course, if you -wanted- to switch you could.. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines