Skip navigation
LinkMc
Currently Being Moderated

Flex 3 going public

Nov 20, 2007 5:20 PM

I was just wondering when flex 3 will be available for purchase.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 20, 2007 8:40 PM   in reply to LinkMc
    LinkMc,

The latest official word is "Early 2008" (from: https://bugs.adobe.com/confluence/display/ADOBE/Flex+3+Planning )

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2007 11:25 PM   in reply to LinkMc
    Ok, but my copy of Builder 3 beta 2 will expired in 8 days. What should i do?
    I want continue to work, but ... how???

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2007 6:45 AM   in reply to yevgen_78
    I am in this situation too. Will we at least be able to extend the Beta trail period further if we have a Flex Builder 2 licence?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2007 9:21 AM   in reply to LinkMc
    Hi guys,
    You can extend the beta trial by using a Flex Builder 2 license key.
    Lacra

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2007 9:41 AM   in reply to dtt101
    Yep, I'm in the same situation. I think it tells me I have 19 days left. I really do want to keep working on this. Will Adobe consider either extending the beta by providing a temporary license key or perhaps selling Flex Builder 3 (permanent) licenses on a pre-release basis.

Help me Obie Wan Adobe. You're my only hope...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 22, 2007 12:02 AM   in reply to Lăcră Ene
    Yes, i can extend by Flex2 licence but only for a short time (15 days).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2007 3:59 AM   in reply to LinkMc
    This is also important for me! It does not accept my Flex 2.0 serial number, so I cannot extend the 10 days I have left. I have assumed there will be a beta 3, but Adobe is leaving it close to the wind...

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2007 5:25 AM   in reply to LinkMc
    I have the same problem.
    We just started our project RIA development from Flex Builder 3 beta 2 and we don't have Flex Builder 2 license. We don't want to buy a license for Flex Builder 2 and then buy another license for Flex Builder 3.
    The idea of a beta product that have expiration date is very odd. Any beta product that I encountered up until now only expired after the final release was out.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2007 9:06 AM   in reply to Raanan_Zvi
    Hi all,

You can purchase Flex Builder 2 with maintenance which will provide you a serial that works with FB3 Beta 2. When Beta 3 comes out (in a few weeks) the trial should last until release.

Matt
    Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2007 11:23 PM   in reply to matt_chotin
    What you are saying is that I HAVE to purchase Flex Builder 2 license and then when Flex Builder 3 comes out I will have to purchase another license for it?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2007 10:13 AM   in reply to matt_chotin
    Matt,

I'm on the Adobe store right now trying to purchase Flex Builder 2 + Maintenance. I've found FB2 (thanks for the price drop) but I can't find the $99 maintenance offering anywhere. Can you give us a link or something?

Thanks,

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2007 1:13 AM   in reply to steven.sokol
    Same here, maintenance is nowhere to be found on the adobe store!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 11, 2007 11:30 AM   in reply to wouter.verweirder
    Major apologies, I have found out that our online store won't offer maintenance for now. That said, the upgrade price to FB3 is going to be very very very very very similar to the maintenance costs, so if you can't purchase maintenance now you don't have reason to be concerned. If you have business reasons that you want to purchase maintenance right now, you should be able to do so through one of our resellers.

Once again, I apologize for the confusion.

Matt
    Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2007 10:19 AM   in reply to matt_chotin
    We couldn't be happier with flex. What an amazing environment. We are in the same situation, and I've been setting my clock back when working on it for the time being. It's just a hold over until flex 3 comes out. I'm having a hard time convincing my boss to buy version 2 when 3 is coming out next year. Even with the upgrade/maintenance option, he won't budge

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2007 11:28 AM   in reply to rconnelly1
    $99 to be more productive? Here's a helpful site for you. www.monster.com ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2007 6:20 AM   in reply to mojochris
    Just an FYI since this detail may be misleading to many...

Isn't the upgrade/maintenance cost for Flex 3 + Charting aka "Professional" $299? ($99 is for standard)

(Or has this changed?)

Q: If I purchase Flex Builder 2, am I eligible for an upgrade to Flex Builder 3?
    A: To be eligible for a free of charge upgrade to Flex 3, you will need to purchase maintenance along with the purchase of Flex Builder. Effective November 1, 2007, you can purchase maintenance with Flex Builder 2 for $99 US which makes you eligible for a free-of-charge copy of Flex Builder 3 Standard edition when it ships. Also effective November 1, 2007, you can purchase maintenance with Flex Builder 2 with Charting for $299 US and become eligible for a free-of-charge copy of Flex Builder 3 Professional edition when it ships.

http://www.onflex.org/ted/2007/10/flex-3-beta-2-lower-price-flex-build er.php

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2007 8:39 AM   in reply to Ansury
    Yes, upgrade price for Flex Builder 3 Pro should be $299.

For those with trials expiring, download Beta 3, you'll have a nice trial that should get you through the home stretch!

Matt
    Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2007 9:06 AM   in reply to LinkMc
    Is there any license or serial number required to remove the watermark on AdvancedDataGrid component?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2007 9:23 AM   in reply to LinkMc
    If you have a valid use-case for removing the watermark from the beta you can contact me off-list, mchotin AT adobe DOT com.

Matt
    Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2007 3:54 AM   in reply to matt_chotin
    are there any informations about pricing for a education licence?

or: i have a free student version of flex 2. how much would be a upgrade to flex3?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2007 10:16 AM   in reply to kkonrad
    Education license will still be free. We're still figuring out the upgrade process but it will hopefully be straightforward.

Matt
    Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2007 12:08 AM   in reply to matt_chotin
    thanks for your answer matt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)