Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No Audio?

Apr 29, 2007 1:52 PM

I am trying to convert mpeg files to flv, but when I do they no longer have audio. I have tried converting them using the flv export in Quicktime and by import video in Flash 8 both with the same result.

What am I doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 6, 2007 5:20 PM   in reply to stealth123
    Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    May 9, 2007 10:33 AM   in reply to sjkrow
    Can this be answered, please?

I'm not getting any sound with any FLVs, and the only way to even have the 'encode audio' option available is to select more than one file to encode (but which still results in no sound). There's nothing in any of the documentation that addresses this.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2007 11:59 AM   in reply to stevenkay
    i'm having the same problem and i can't find anything.
    here is what is happening:
    i'm trying to convert mpg videos to flv videos. i'm using adobe cs3 flv converter as well as quicktime pro. both yield a flv with no audio.

i open the video in quicktime pro.
    it plays with sound.
    then i go up to FILE > EXPORT > MOVIE TO FLASH VIDEO (FLV)
    click on OPTIONS
    then click on AUDIO. it's all grey. no audio options.
    any ideas?
    audio options image
    video options image

i am aware of this problem/solution regarding flv's stopping short but i'm not even get audio options.
    "It has everything to do with sound sample rate! You need to export your movies that are currently using 22.050 kHz and to a new quicktime movie with a 44.100 kHz sample rate. THEN export as a .flv with whatever frame rate and .mp3 compression rate you need. This should fix the problem!"
    via adobe forum

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2007 12:37 PM   in reply to stealth123
    can someone confirm that this as the problem:
    in an mpg the audio and video are combined into one 'track'. an flv requires a video and audio track. so when converting an mpg to flv the converter only sees one track and it is the video. the audio gets left out resulting in a mute video.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2009 10:20 AM   in reply to stealth123
    I have same issue using Adobe Media Encoder CS4. I am screwed.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2009 10:33 AM   in reply to chpl
    This is the forum for the Flash Media Live Encoder - for problems with the Flash Video Encoder and Adobe Media Encoder please use the Flash Professional or Premiere forums

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2009 10:38 AM   in reply to stealth123
    there is no flash professional forum as I can see.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2009 1:29 AM   in reply to stealth123

Hi,

Please can someone provide some answers?

I am having the same problem using Adobe Media Encoder to convert .mpg files to .flv.

No audio!!! Help please.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 22, 2009 2:04 AM   in reply to chibuzo_o

This is the forum for the Flash Media Live Encoder. Please try to post this problem to Flash Professional forums for better support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2010 5:34 AM   in reply to stealth123

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I have exactly the same issue, I have checked the file using GSpot and I definitely have all the codes installed but for some reason the file when converted from mpg to flv contains no sounds. I have also tried using different file extensions but this does not seem to have any affect.

I know there was a request to post this in the Professional Forum, if you could point me in theat direction it would be appreciated, there isn't a forum specifically for the Adobe MEdia Encoder software.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2010 4:49 PM   in reply to Philip.Jeffery

I have had good results creating FLV's and SWF's using the freeware Super encoder from www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html. It is kind of difficult to find the actual Super download link amidst all the ads on the page that also try to get you to download other (not free) software. What you are looking for is a paragraph of blue text that begins with the link " Start Downloading SUPER © " then on the page that takes you to a link in a paragraph of red text that says "download and use" which finally takes you to a page with a link that says  Download SUPER © setup file from our dedicated server which is where you actually download the software. Once you download it, it does seem to be spyware free and works pretty well for transcoding among all sorts of different file types. Hope that helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 2, 2010 9:14 AM   in reply to stealth123

Solution found.

This is not about the Adobe Video Encoder. It's an issue of the source mpeg file which has 'muxed' (muliplexed) audio and video streams.

QuickTime is capable of playing those, but not able to export separate 'demuxed' audio and video streams.

Neverhteless, there are free tools, quite popular, which are able to deal with mpeg2 and convert them to FLV:

AviDemux
    (avidemux.berlios.de) — "...a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding  tasks.

It supports many file  types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a  variety of codecs.

Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and  powerful scripting capabilities.

Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD,  Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license."

Another one is StreamClip by Squared 5 (squared5.com) — "...a powerful free video converter, player, editor for Mac and Windows. It can play many movie files, not only MPEGs; it can convert MPEG files between muxed/demuxed formats for authoring; it can encode movies to many formats, including iPod; it can cut, trim and join movies. MPEG Streamclip can also download videos from YouTube and Google by entering the page URL."

I faced exactly the same problem and Google'd to this post. No other similar posts on Adobe forums had any solutions.

Thought this might save you some time for doing a better video!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)