Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFCHART - Line Chart Questions - CF7

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2008 Mar 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks -

I have a few questions about CFCHART in CF 7 and I am hoping that maybe different users can answer them:

The following questions relate to creating a line chart.

1) Is there a way to control the gridlines yourself, and not use the values for the lines that CFCHART presents?
1A) If you have to accept the values that CFCHART gives you, is there a way to control the actual rounding of the values? Right now I am getting 3 decimal places, and I would prefer whole numbers.

2) Is there an issue with displaying negative values? I have a chart that ranges from -255 to 100,000 and has 10 grid lines. But the -255 does not display. I get 0, the rest of the lines, except for the 9th line.

<cfchart chartheight="300" chartwidth="450" font="@Arial Unicode MS" scalefrom="-255" scaleto="100000"
gridlines="10" xaxistitle="Month" yaxistitle="Total" format="png" labelformat="number">
<cfchartseries type="line" serieslabel="Review">
<cfchartdata item="Jan" value="2569">
<cfchartdata item="Feb" value="65535">
<cfchartdata item="March" value="-57">
<cfchartdata item="April" value="75778">
<cfchartdata item="May" value="89955">
<cfchartdata item="June" value="39898">
<cfchartdata item="July" value="0">
<cfchartdata item="August" value="12560">
<cfchartdata item="Sept" value="-255">
<cfchartdata item="Oct" value="767">
<cfchartdata item="Nov" value="6868">
<cfchartdata item="Dec" value="37352">

</cfchartseries>
</cfchart>

Any and all questions and answers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You can specify scaleFrom and scaleTo by hardoced values or dynamic variables and number of gridlines. If you not specified first two attributes, then by default, the minimum is 0 or the lowest negative chart data value, and the maximum is the largest data value.
To avoid decimals in your case empirically find good combination for your scale, for example from - 500 to 10 000 and number of gridlines = 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation