Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dynamic Form Builder

Mar 26, 2008 12:34 PM

We are a company that has been building ColdFusion apps and content managements systems since v3.1. That said, I am (and have been for the last 2 years) in desperate need for a good “dynamic form builder”. I was hoping the Adobe would incorporate something like this into v8 (with the acquisition of Interakt), but it never seemed to happen.

Basically, I need an open-source module that I can integrate into a non-profit application that we’re working on. We need to give our users (about 3,000) the ability to create their own forms (for event registration, contact submissions, donations, etc.) and have the data stored dynamically into a SQL Server database. Additionally, some sort of reporting and payment option integration would be nice as well.

Does anyone know anything out there like this that exists? I've seen lots of great apps out there (like JotForm, etc.), but I can't seem to find a good ColdFusion one that I can use in my application. I am more than willing to pay for it.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Ray

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 26, 2008 12:57 PM   in reply to raymajoran
    You can check out following project.

http://fbx_formbuilder.riaforge.org

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2008 1:10 PM   in reply to raymajoran
    We have some here but all are bundled in some commercial projects.

In general the logic is not too complicated. The project that I sent has already these kind of approaches. You may consider to create your own with some improvements.

The Ajax stuff is that we are planning to apply for our portal solution by using jQuery. Basically we just need some more time as always. :)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 27, 2008 10:31 AM   in reply to raymajoran
    If we decide to make it public, you will definitely get the information. :)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2010 12:56 PM   in reply to raymajoran

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed the fbx_formbuilder to give it a try. After I set up my admin account through the app, I went as far as filling the Form Information page to start creating a form. When I clicked on the submit button, it displayed a blank page at this url, http://localhost/fbx_formbuilder/formbuilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=fb.s aveform . Has anybody experienced this problem? Thanks.

-- C. Lee

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2011 1:58 AM   in reply to raymajoran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 29, 2011 10:55 AM   in reply to raymajoran

We're working on a project that will allow our users to create Adobe PDF forms and upload them to be served by the web server. We have it working at about 90% if we work out the bugs we'll probably make the project public.

-Andrew

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2011 11:57 PM   in reply to raymajoran

We have an end-to-end solution that supports this entire use case based on Adobe PDF SmartForms, including business user authoring, hosting, and management.

http://www.avoka.com/form-factory-overview.html

It's not open source or free :-) But I'm sure it will satisfy your needs.

Howard

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to Andrew Tillinghast

Hi Andrew,

Did you guys ever push the Adobe PDF forms public?  Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points