• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Player 9.0.115.0 MP3 issues

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple Flash applications in use by major clients. Since the release of Player 9.0.115.0 we have been bombarded with support calls due to this Player.
The major issue we are having is the incorrect seeking of MP3 files. If I tell an MP3 to start 4 seconds into a 10 second MP3 file, it starts playback at 8 seconds. OK, simply fix is to divide the start position by 2. However we are doing further calculations based on the MP3 current playback position and it’s now off by a factor of 2, also I fear that the position reported by the MP3 is incorrect – It’s all very strange.

This Player has broken major applications for our company. Flash based applications which have gone through extensive QA cycles now have issues.

Can someone from Adobe please give feedback on this?
Is this a known issue?
When is there likely to be a fix and in what version?
I feel that we can develop a temporary fix for this player release however I don’t want to re-visit this same issue if it’s still present in the next player.

Regards

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2008 Jan 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

I can live in hope that someone will be able to provide help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2008 Jul 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

I can live in hope that someone will be able to provide help

Want to create texas holdem game

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the club, WaaZ. I'm a content author and have made several hundred videos for clients and students over the past few years that have now been "broken" on the sound track because of Adobe's release of the FlashPlayer from Hell! It introduces alien noises, gurlgles, whoops, boings, etc.
If you have their Dec 3, 2007 update of FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 your content is screwed. Camtasia provided me with a utility called SWFMP3FIXER but it involves dropping each .swf file into it to fix, then you have to re-upload the new .swf to your server and/or re-master new DVDs or CDs with the new .swf. Is this not a nightmare? And why Adobe still is distributing this FlashPlayer, I have NO IDEA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2008 Feb 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing severe problems with this. Has anyone found a workaround or news from Adobe?

We cannot use the camtasia fix as we do not use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2008 Feb 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released v9.0.115.0 on 12/3/07, and it appears that users began complaining about the problem shortly thereafter. We're coming up on 3 months since v9.0.115.0 was released, but no newer version of Flash Player has been released to fix the problem.

The alternative from a user standpoint is to downgrade to a Flash Player version that has known security holes, so no Flash author could ever ethically recommend a downgrade.

Perhaps this just isn't a big enough issue to warrant a new version of Flash Player. Has the issue even been covered by the media? If not, then it may only be considered minor and might be fixed in a future FP version released for other reasons.

As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2008 Feb 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. My business depends on flash and this upgrade is a disaster.

I agree 3 months is a long time and that is what worries me.

Anyone any idea how or who to contact at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2008 Feb 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the feeling of watching tumble weed blowing passed with respect to Adobes support on this Player 9.0.115 release.

This has cost the company I work for a considerable amount of money, in time and effort to “patch” current live products which had no issues previously.

The fact that Adobe won’t even give a timeframe of when the next release of the Player will be and what issues they are planning on fix does cause considerable concern.

Guess I should have used Silverlight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ......considerable concern. Our product has been delayed since December because of this and I have no idea what to do. We are loosing money every day with no end in site. Everything worked perfectly until they released 9.0.115

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camtasia Studio: $299. Adobe Flash CS3 Professional: $699. Breaking Flash Player and not fixing it for going on a full quarter: Priceless.

Apologies to MasterCard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2008 Feb 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also experience lots of audio related problems with the .115 release. On .47 it worked perfectly. Has there really been no patch for 3 months???? Have anyone seen some sort of acknowledgement from Adobe?
If the Camtasia lot have a fix how come there isn't one for the rest of us? This is a lot of downtime for us and might be devastating should we not get some relieable info soon.
There are two major issues (might be related though)
1. Multiple audio playback is out of sync on 9.0.115
2. Timebar issues, see first entry in this thread...
Time seems to be the keyword here.....
Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump..........help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2008 Mar 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump..........help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2008 Mar 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that nobody at Adobe is willing to update the forums with any news about this issue. I don't see the mp3 sound issue mentioned in any of the online news sources, so perhaps it only affects a few people and isn't worthwhile for Adobe to devote any resources towards finding a solution.

As of yesterday, FP 9.0.115.0 reached 3 months old. Hopefully a replacement will show up soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an instructor at a local community college and I can tell you this DOES affect our instructional video content and that of most Universities and Colleges. It also affects the SCORM quizzes that can be generated in Flash! I've posted several times here about it! The release of 9.0.115.0 is a HUGE boo-boo that has been festering for 3 months (Dec 3, 2007 release)!

It is totally negligent of Adobe to continue to distribute the current FlashPlayer! As I've said before, if Adobe was the FDA and there was a can of soup on the grocery shelves containing botulism, Adobe's stand would be to tell the general public. "Don't worry we' re working on a cure but we're going to continue to leave the soup on the grocery shelves!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It definetly affects us too.
We have spent lots of development money on an app that was about to be released and got totally massacred by this release. Now we are working like lunatics to find workarounds and spending more money. I think Adobe usually supply great updates and obviously Flash is a product we cannot live without but that being said, we think it is remarkable that this issue hasn't even been commented by Adobe. The fact that a new update takes 3 months to create is something we're going to have to accept and respect but this silence is really scaring us because it cannot, in any way, be analyzed as a good sign. To be in the wrong end of this obvious tactics is painful and disappointing in many ways.
Not expecting to hear any official statements here.
If anyone, by any chance, find consistency and work-arounds, please post here.
Peace
B.Holden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To B.Holden
I took matters into my own hands in January. You can read my lengthy blog in my forum here:
http://www.photoshopmama.net/forum/index.php?topic=78.0

If it will help, you should get the SWFMP3FIXER from the folks at TechSmith (Camtasia Studio). This has worked to fix our videos...but not without effort and extra time! Since my livelyhood depends on my instructional videos, I knew back then I needed to take matters into my own hands, rather than wait for Adobe to address the issue. Their refusal to remove the faulty FlashPlayer, was proof enough for me that the problems would only increase exponentially!
Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2008 Mar 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
I don't think my developers are using Camtasia and knowing how this world works i guess they only support fixing .swf;s that was made in their software right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fixes the out-of-sync sound track so it will play normally in Flashplayer 9.0.115.0, zapping the alien noises. If the mp3 codec in conjunction with your .swf is where your problem lies, too, I would imagine their little utility would fix your .swf files.-- the .swf file is the only part of the folder package that I drop into the "fixit" window. It also provides an option to create a backup, which I also did....just in case! It would be horrible if after Adobe fixes their player, if the new fixed .swf files had problems. At least I've got a backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe we should all try to describe our specific problems, maybe there is more than one bug here....
I get the timeline issue and the out of sync issue.
On the .47 release it was perfect....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are Adobe not saying anything on this post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B.Holden, the Camtasia patcher only works on Camtasia files. I tried it on others, but it identified them as non-Camtasia files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this issue needs a patch then why aren't Adobe supplying a fix???? It seems strange that they are relying on a third party.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2008 Mar 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how does your bugs manifest itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm working on a training course for a software which is based on Flash movies with sound.
You should have a look at this post:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=184&threadid=1338772&e...
Obviously Adobe don't want to discuss that in public.

Regards,
Rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines