• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick Question about the recent Vulnerability

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2008 Jun 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find this out for the last few days and adobe hasn't responded to me yet. Does anyone know with the recent vulnerability, is there something that is put on the user's machine? I got hacked w/ an account and I was thinking this was the reason. However I can't find anything at all relating even close to a virus on my machine. All the things I have read said that the person executes code remotely (does that mean from their machine? and not mine?)

I just want to make sure my machine is clean before I go ahead and change passwords etc to my own.

So basically, did the vulnerability allow the user to put something hidden on my computer or did they run something from their computer?

Thanks for any info,

Justin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2008 Jun 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*tiny bump*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recent vulnerability (last week's 'zero-day' report from Symantek) turned out to be something we'd already addressed in the current release of Flash Player 9.0.124.0..

David Lenoe (our security lead) blogged this last week:
http://blogs.adobe.com/psirt/

So as far as I know that was a non-vulnerability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya I have the latest version of flash I just don't know if through the vulnerability they put something on my computer or if they just ran something through it on their computer.

So far it looks to be that once you get the new flash player you are completely safe? No risk of any files on my machine that could do something I don't want it to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is no vulnerbility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines