Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Flash video/audio sites not working, Mac - Tiger

New Here ,
May 29, 2008 May 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there

I'm having an issue where certain flash sites don't work properly on my mac, they just sit there loading and never actually do anything.

The vast majority of sites work just fine, youtube, google video, gamevideos.com, the escapist, etc..

But some sites such as veoh.com simply will not play the videos.

In addition to that, www.pandora.com will not work either, but there I at least get an error message stating that "flash local storage is not turned on". In this case I've tried to load the flash manager and turn it on, but after changing it and going back in, it seems that my changes were not saved and my local storage is stuck at 10k max.

The exact same sites work fine on my friends PC using my wireless connection.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall flash with no success.

I've tried both firefox and safari, neither work, but the flash stuff seems to be global on the machine, so I suspect it's more of a problem with the flash than with a specific browser.

I've even tried to run firefox as root, install flash as root, etc thinking that it was something to do with not having permission to write to wherever flash was trying to store stuff.

I've got Firefox 2.0.0.14, OSX 10.4.11, and Flash 9.0.124.0 installed.

I suppose I'm most concerned about pandora.com, but I think the video issues may be related to the "local storage" error I'm getting aswell.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2008 May 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try asking support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2008 Jun 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you solve the matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2008 Jun 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not yet, support finally got back to me, but suggested it was site specific.... which it's not, since every other computer but mine works fine on that site (goto pandora.com if you're in the US, it works fine, just not for me)

I've tried the flash 10 beta, that didn't help either.

I did a verify and repair permissions with apple's disk utility, it did correct the permissons on the flash plugin, adding write access for the group, but that didn't fix the problem.

Also, the fact that when I use the flash manager on adobe's site and it won't remember the settings makes me think it's something to do with Flash not having access to write a local config file. It doesn't even have anything in the list of visited sites like it should...

I don't know where this config file is, i'm still waiting to hear back form support again...

I'll post something when it's fixed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2008 Jun 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeh thanks i would like the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines