Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Shockwave 11 Active X Crash

Mar 31, 2008 6:08 AM

Just loaded the new Shockwave 11. Authorware crashes when I try to insert a new Activex control into the flowline that references the new Shockwave Activex. Anybody know why or how I can avoid this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Joe Russell

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 31, 2008 8:48 AM   in reply to Joe_Russell
    Maybe they didn't bother to make sure it would be compatible with Authorware
    7, since Authorware is no longer in development.

"Joe Russell" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:fsqnok$s12$1@forums.macromedia.com...
    > Just loaded the new Shockwave 11. Authorware crashes when I try to insert
    > a
    > new Activex control into the flowline that references the new Shockwave
    > Activex. Anybody know why or how I can avoid this issue?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Joe Russell
    >

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 9, 2008 2:19 PM   in reply to Joe_Russell
    Joe,

Have you made any progress with this issue?

I'm experiencing the exact same thing. After uninstalling Shockwave 11, I was able to insert a Shockwave ActiveX Control. However, after upgrading again the "CallSprite" method stops working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2008 10:25 AM   in reply to Joe_Russell
    It sounds like you've been pretty thorough, so this may be old news. But I figure I'll throw it out here for anyone that's interested.

Best I can tell, the file that is actually responsible for the problem is "swdir.dll".

There is an entry in the registry under "HKEY_USERS" that directs the runtime to use "system32\Adobe\Director\swdir.dll". Search the registry for "InProcServer32" to find it.

Modifying the entry ("Adobe" to "Macromed") will solve the problem in runtime by directing Shockwave to use the old file. It doesn't help authortime in Authorware that much. It generates an error dialog instead of crashing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2008 8:46 PM   in reply to Joe_Russell
    Well, I just used BuddyAPI to modify the registry before and after loading the ActiveX control. As long as Shockwave 11 is not installed when the ActiveX control is initially set up, it works...

Ultimately, it may not be useful b/c of permissions, but at least its working.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points