• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash9f.ocx Internet Explorer ...Error...Needs To Close

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2008 Jun 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I installed the latest version of adobe and haven't been able to see one site with that uses flash.
Every time a load any of those pages, including some of the adobe.com pages. I get the following error:
Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close, the detail is below.

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: flash9f.ocx
ModVer: 9.0.124.0 Offset: 00055b27

Im using Windows XP. I tried the following to resove it. I cleaned all temp files, cleared history, cleared cache and reset all settings to defaults. Uninistalled/reinstalled the browser....none of that worked.

I made sure that when I uninstalled the player that i deleted all the registry keys associated with it and all of the files left behind, restarted the machine then reinstalled the active x control. So i did that several times in the process. Nothing seemed to work.

I found a key value in one of the other topics that has an extra 2 at the end for no reason. Fixed that still have the problem. I don't have the source code to attach because it happens on every page everytime, the page won't even load. Yes this does happen on the download adobe page on this website too.

I use sites with the player all the time and they were all working fine before i did the install latest version, now this happens everywhere. I expect the adobe site would at least work.

Does anyone have any suggestions, what else could be wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2008 Jun 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having what sounds like the same problem with Windows XP and getting the error message noting that IE has encountered an error and needs to close, etc. Flash Player 9 appears to have installed on on my download, then comes the error message almost immediately. I'm also able to view a website with Flash Player for a short time before getting this error message. The detailed error message identifies add-on Shockwave Flash Object - Enable Activex Control - Flash9.ocx as the source of the problem.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player. I have reinstalled Internet Explorer 7. I have checked the security settings (default) and list of permitted Publishers. I haven't touched the registry as yet, but apparently that doesn't work either. None of the recommendations found on the Adobe website have worked! I was able to use Flash Player successfully before updating to version 9 on their website.

I, too, would appreciate some assistance with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2008 Jun 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone seems to be having this same problem with the latest update. Beta version 10 has the same problem, has anyone figured it out yet? I'm out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2008 Jul 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Geek55
Everyone seems to be having this same problem with the latest update. Beta version 10 has the same problem, has anyone figured it out yet? I'm out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a posting in topic All Browsers Crash that is supposed to be this answer to the problem.

BUT, no one uses flash 8 on their websites anymore so even though it stops crashing the browser it just doesn't work.

Does anyone have any other solutions.....still can't view any flash pages here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2008 Jul 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad i found this, I also have been having this same problem, and i have also tryed everything i can think doing... It has completely dum found me.... I also run windows xp and continue to get the following error.....

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: flash9f.ocx
ModVer: 9.0.124.0 Offset: 00055b27

I can't view any pages and bumming........... Can anyone out there help a very confused woman..... Thank you.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to my research I believe it is a malware!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All features working properly with latest FP 9 version, with one exception. I am not able to activate / modify webcam settings. And I'm convinced it is NOT the Cam, due to the fact it works fine in ALL other applications / video sites, as the same camera worked fine using earlier versions of FP, but if I roll back, I will not be able to see anything, since most sites will prompt you to upgrade again. I will post the script error if anyone has any suggestions not already posted thru 7-03-08 / 4am EST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2008 Jul 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version - 9.0.124 - and it does not work for me. I get the same "Internet Explorer needs to close" error. This is infuriating. Silverlight rescue me! This is so crazy that this has been going on for a year and no one from Adobe/Microsoft does anything. I know that with every crash a message gets sent to Microsoft. Wouldn't you think that someone would want to fix this issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2008 Jul 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having the same problem getting that error at the worst of times
with some hope there is a easy fix coming in the near future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone seems to be having this same problem with the latest update, at china

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm wonder what the cause is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2008 Jul 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

virus attack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all using older computers ?
A CPU that doesn't support SSE instruction set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issues! Its been happening for about a week for me now. It is super irratating. When is Adobe going to address this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2008 Jul 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Pentium II CPUs without SSE instructions are the cause of the problem. As stated on another website "The patch for this (Flash vulnerability) is implemented in .124 but Adobe has compiled in SSE instructions into the build since .115, which crashes processors (Pentium 2 and on on). "

On this website the system requirements of Adobe for Flash Player 9 clearly state "Pentium II 450 MHz" as minimum specs.

Could someone from Adobe please read this, and either remove the Pentium II from the requirements (which would cut off a bunch of users without a real alternative as everyone moves to Flash 9) or get those SSE instructions removed and revert to a pre .115 build situation?

I cannot believe that since this problem has been around (and the forum seems to be quite full of these crashes for a good year now) Adobe has neither reacted officially to these threads nor has resolved the problem. We are used to better quality from Adobe. It would be nice to have an official reply to these problems so this issue is settled once and for all.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have same promblem need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen no official statement from Adobe about the SSE
requirement. That seems a little strange to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2008 Jul 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IS THERE ANYBODY IN LISTENING..... EVEN THE INTERNET'S SEARCH ENGINE GOOGLE HAS 3,800,000 ENTRIES ABOUT 'ERROR 1714'.
WHY DESTROY EVERYBODYS ACCESS TO PDF'S BY ASKING THEM TO DOWNLOAD ADOBE 9......ADOBE 8,1 WORKED PERFECTLY..NOW MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FIND THEY CANNOT DOWNLOAD ADOBE 9 AND CANNOT GO BACK TO ADOBE 8.1 WITHOUT HAVING AN MBA IN ADOBE SOFTWARE!
HELP, BEFORE I LOSE MY INTEREST IN USING ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2008 Aug 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem.....especialy when I click on the ? (Help). Internet crashes. There is no need for me to repeat the members who submitted the problem.... it is mentioned here already 2 many times.... I am a "beginner" who learns very fast......and almost getting furious 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2008 Aug 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,
This bug is reported with key FP-290 to the adobe flash player bug management system:
https://bugs.adobe.com/flashplayer/
Please register and vote for a quick resolution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2008 Sep 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download Apple Safari Windows browser.

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2008 Aug 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To goofert: I went to your bugs link..I don't know if I did it rite , but I made an entry.....To ALL: I'm having the SAME problem with Adobe Flash Player 9..Re: IE 7 closes down & I go offline....I'm currently investigating online at-home bussinesses & NEED to view video/movie clips ,etc.....The website closes almost immediately, the same as sweeneysmsm's post...Error messages are sent to MS , but I don't think it THEIR problem...If I go to IE & & disable Adobe Flash Player in the "Manage Add-Ons" section, I can explore the site til doomsday!! So I KNOW it's an Adobe problem & they NEED to FIX it....If anyone has or knows HOW to solve this , I for one WOULD be VERY gratefull.!!! It looks like tons of other people would also....Please reply..Thank you VERY much....Ron.M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem with you. Let try to do that
Go to this website
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
And download
Download the Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 1.55 MB)
It will be hep you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a different error message than posted,

"Internet Explorer has blocked this site from using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner. As a result, this page may not display correctly."

but I too downloaded the Download the Windows Flash Player 9 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE) (EXE, 1.55 MB)

Problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines