Skip navigation
Replies 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2007 7:26 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    whats up with the taking 5 months to respond there adobe?!
    haha, well, none of your fixes worked for me
    i figured out if i move my center speaker to the front speaker port it will give me sound, but only in the front speaker, so it sounds like garbage. plus, now i dont get surround when using WMP - seems like maybe mono, but i haven't really done much testing..
    i tried too plugging it into the center port and calling that the front port... but that didn't seem to work for some reason

so, now i'm stuck with either crap audio or no internet audio....
    whats up guys?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2007 12:07 PM   in reply to Gr1pp
    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2007 12:11 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2008 10:08 AM   in reply to Guest
    YOU R A GENIOUS.

I registered just to reply to you. I was searching the web for the whole day without getting anything.
    Reinstalled the sound driver 3 times, the flashplayer 3 times, and nothing make any difference.

Then I found your suggestion. I must addmit I was spectic, but IT WORKS.

God bless you man.

I don't know why this is not the first solution that pops when looking for sound problems on the internet when searching in google.

I think Adobe should pay you some money, because you're saving their *****....

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2008 8:17 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    <a href=" http://polbaksa.com/internet/10-antivirusov-onlayn-2.html" class="">Продолжение...</a>

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2008 7:00 PM   in reply to chrispepper1989
    chrispepper1989!!! I had the same issue, surround sound speakers!!!
    Now the issue is.
    How do I get internet explorer audio playing through this speaker channel?!!?!?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2008 8:36 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    My Windows Media Player plays sound, but I could not get sound from any Flash player videos. This one had me scratching my head quite allot. There has been allot of people with this problem, and I have noted many different fixes, I even as a last resort reloaded my operating system to no avail.

Then quite by accident I discovered the problem that I was having, and I don't quite know how to fix it. But here goes.... If you go to a YouTube video, play the video, right click your mouse over the video until a menu pops up, click on "Settings", click on the microphone - then I can hear sound.... But if I click on another video, I have to do the same procedure to listen to the video. Clicking on the microphone in the settings box seems to turn the sound on.

I tryed going to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager.html web page and clicking on "Global Storage Settings panel" but the Third Party Flash Content is already checked......

Any Ideas??????

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2008 11:56 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    Figured out my sound problem. I had my speakers plugged into the microphone port instead of the speaker port. That's curious because for some reason when I had played my Windows Media player it played sound out of the microphone port to my speakers, yet I couldn't get sound when I was playing flash movies.

So now that I have the speakers plugged into the right port, my flash player is working great... Case solved.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2008 12:40 AM   in reply to chrispepper1989
    quote:

Originally posted by: chrispepper1989
    you know what, ive tried everything on this forum and everything on every other and not been able to fix sound on the internet, and yet fine on windows media player and evrything else but you know what i realised today, i get no sound on startup either, the computers new and built by me and i had never noticed and i thought what if Explorer (ie Internet explorer, windows explorer and msut also firefox at some level, as i use firefox myself) is having the problem and then i thought does it have a problem with surround sound and i sundenly realised, my surround sound has the rear and side speakers plugged in only, and id forgot that, you know what i found out, internet and start up sounds only play through the FRONT speakers i am now in the process of absolutely kicking myself for letting this problem go on for weeks! i no i mite get called an absolute NOOB for posting this but for anyone else who has made this mistake here you go!

OMFG Chrispepper I did exactly the same thing with my sound. My PC has ports for 6 speekers and I only have four so I set them through my audio program for my own optimum needs which meant not using the FRONT SPEEKERS I feel like such a dumb shiit. Though to you I am forever greatful for waking up and slapping me across the face like a dumb little biatch

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2008 10:00 PM   in reply to Guest
    I'd like to thank gilhooley! He fixed my sound problem on the internet!
    I believe the text was dated back in 2006. I tried it anyway and I'm running Windows Vista. I didn't know what else to try and it actually worked! Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2008 1:46 PM   in reply to njcal
    I see I am not alone with the problem of no sound from my embedded flash player. There are a few useful suggestions in this thread so I will try them and if any work I will let everyone know.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2008 1:49 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    It seems that no sound with the flash player is a common problem. I will try a few of the suggestions in this thread and let everyone know how it goes. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2008 3:28 AM   in reply to Malne
    quote:

Originally posted by: Malne
    Running Vista Ultimate 64bit I downloaded the newest beta 9.04 and it fixed everything

This worked for me as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2008 9:18 AM   in reply to theboz19
    quote:

Originally posted by: theboz19
    This is what I found. First make sure that you are able to view HIdden Files and Folders. This is done by selecting Start Menu, Computer, Organize, Folder and Search Options, View, Hidden Files and Folders then selecting Show Hidden Files and Folders. Click Apply. Click OK. Now find the folder for the current user. Mine is located right under the Desktop icon in Windows Explorer. Open that file. Click on AppData, then Roaming, then Macromedia, then Flash Player, then Macromedia.com, then Support, then Flash Player, then SYS. You should now have a list of all the websites that have used the flash player. On mine there were 2 entries for youtube. One was #www.youtube.com and the other was simply #youtube.com. I checked the same place on the User Account that worked correctly and guess what? No entry for #youtube.com so I deleted that entry on the Non-Working Account. I then followed the same path except instead of choosing Macromedia.com I chose the #SharedObjects file and deleted all files that had any reference to youtube. I hope that if you are as frustrated as I have been over the past few months that this finally fixes your problem.

hey theboz19.

thanks for posting this, after having tried every other method described in this forum i finally got some sound using the guest account under windows xp.

now i would like to repair my admin account but cant really follow your file paths...
    i interpreted it as C->Documents and Settings-> admin -> Applicationdata
    is this right? i dont find roaming there?!?
    maybe vista has different paths for that than xp... ?

i am also operating my system in another language than english thats why it would be helpful to know exactly which of the knots in the path is a folder and which is a file...

i am really tired out by the whole sound not working affair and joined this forum now only for fixing it. I think that you might have found the appropriate solution! would be cool if you could try to help me finding that spot where this two #youtube.com links are waiting to be erased...

thanks in advance from the admin without sound!

p.s. a word to the "allow third party to save data" ind the global settings option: i just could not check the box! it reamined unchecked no matter what i did... ?!? o_0

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2008 12:48 AM   in reply to where is my sound
    If you cant check the box on the site for flash settings it probably means your flash player folder is corrupt. To fix this go to your local disk (C:, E: whatever u use) then go to Documents and Settings, choose your user folder, then go to Application Data folder ( you will need to have view hidden files/folders on in the folder options, to change this go to Tools, Folder Options, View and make sure you check Show Hidden Files and Folders) once your in the Application Date folder go to the Macromedia folder, there you should see a Flash Player folder, try to delete it, it will probably say you cannot delete it because its corrupt. So what you will have to do is rename it to say “Flash Player Corrupt” or “Flash Player 2″ whatever u want. Now go to the Flash Player settings website and you should beable to check the boxes now (or they should already be checked).

I recommend that you delete the corrupt folder later aswell with a program like Unlocker or KillBox (just search in google for them or for deleting corrupt files)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 7, 2008 7:56 PM   in reply to MARVIN1002
    No sound on youtube this is what worked for me;

Open the registry editor by going to the start menu, Run, type regedit and press enter.

In the registry editor, scroll down till you reach

My computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
    WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32.

Right click and click on New, select String value enter. Type in wavemapper, enter, then double click on wavemapper, which should take you to edit string.

It should come up with Value name (which should say wavemapper) and below should be a box saying Value data, type in msacm32.drv then click on ok. There is no need to restart your computer. The sound in Youtube should work now.

Good Luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 13, 2008 5:18 AM   in reply to MARVIN1002
    hey thanks marvin!

after reading your tipp i checked for the macromedia folder. it was totally missing in the admin and all users user accounts. i just copied it from the activated guest account and voilá, it worked.... 0_o

cheers! from the man with sound :)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2008 5:34 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    I did some googling, and I found the following article:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/08/15/fix-windows-no-system-sound-a nd-audio-problem/

I then did a search on K-Lite Codec Pack, and found what looked like a safe site to download it from at: http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm.

I downloaded the Basic version.

I installed ONLY the Codec Tweak Tool, and was waiting for it to install so I could open it up and run it. However, before it finished installing, it asked me something like: “You are missing vital registry keys. This may cause some sounds to not work. Would you like this problem fixed?” I said YES, and voila, I didn’t even have to open the tweak tool…my sound is back to 100%. Flash and system sounds are now fully functioning. Hooray!

Now when I look in the registry the Drive32 section that was missing before is magically there again. So, it was that after all, all it took was a tool that could fix it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2008 4:45 PM   in reply to MARVIN1002
    I have done absolutely everything possible using this forum. Nothing works. The only thing that does work - and this is nuts - is to start Firefox two or three times until the sound works. The sound usually starts again on the second or third try. Bizarre. Anyone have any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2008 12:44 PM   in reply to BevanOwenDavies
    No sound in Firefox with Flash 9. I did this to solve this problem:

Right click on an embedded site (it doesn't have to be playing) click on settings, then select the Local Storage icon, the third one. Move the slider all the way to the right to indicate unlimited storage. This works for me, no matter how many tabs I have open.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2008 3:40 PM   in reply to BevanOwenDavies
    Another thing you can check is in the control panel under display, and if you are using an external sound card and have the default one enabled then sometimes it creates a problem. And flash is built in a way so that it runs on default you know, so extending the cache shouldn't be the issue. Just my two cents :)

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2008 7:23 AM   in reply to CHAOS\'|nc.
    Chaos
    Thanks for reply. I also removed Firefox and then reloaded it. That still didn't cure the problem until I started eliminating tabbed sites one by one and trying the browser, and on each site using the Flash settings control to increase the cache. This has seemed to work, but a friend of mine sent me a video and I tried to load it on a new tab and it wouldn't play. I know that some info is written to your Macromedia Flash folder in some way, and maybe that explains it. This is one frustrating problem, and if I was a developer I would be tearing my hair out for all the lost time and money associated with this release of Flash 9. But, at least I have video and sound on all the sites I look at.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2008 5:35 AM   in reply to sbellct
    Changing the environment away from "NONE" on realtek fixed my problem

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2008 4:46 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    "Changing the environment away from "NONE" on realtek fixed my problem"

when i tried putting something else than NONE, i cant hear sound, i think its the prob

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2008 1:05 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    @ Gilhooley

Thanks for the solution, it worked like a charm

|
    Mark as:
    May 18, 2008 5:41 AM   in reply to BilalM
    HOOORAY
    Thank you everyone who helped solving this problem. It's been driving me crazy for weeks.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2008 5:01 AM   in reply to y2kmp3

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2008 10:31 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    thank for this info

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

gccp
    flash game
    Ejector Pins
    flash game

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2008 12:00 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    I tried all the fixes in this forum and nothing worked. Then was advised from another site to run "sndvol32" and check volume levels, mute off, etc. But sndvol32 was gone - probably deleted by malware.

Anyway I downloaded and installed the file from this site (which includes instructions): http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/517401-sndvol32-exe-missing.html

Then rebooted and went to Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio Tab, then re-selected my sound card in 2 places (it was not present when sndvol32 was missing).

Worked like a charm.

Peace out.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2008 12:21 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    Thank you. Working fine for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2008 7:07 PM   in reply to birdynumnum
    Gilhooley! you are a genius! seriously though...adobe should pay you!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2008 4:17 AM   in reply to divided_sky
    Hey! Thank god! For a year or so I have had this problem. Could someone please give instructions to a beginner? Do I need Windows reg edit or what do I do?

XP pro

Originally posted by: Gilhooley
    YES! I fkin solved it!! Something breaks your registry settings under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] so the Wave connection is missing, then it dosent matter if you have all you vp6 or mp3 codecs installed. Save the lines below as a textfile with a reg ending, like "missing.reg" and 2x click it to import it to your registry and your golden Or if you have most of them, "Wavemapper" is the one flash is looking for.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
    "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
    "msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
    "msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
    "msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
    "msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
    "msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
    "vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
    "VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
    "vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
    "vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
    "vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
    "VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
    "vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
    "vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
    "VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
    "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
    "msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
    "vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
    "vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
    "msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
    "msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
    "msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
    "vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
    "VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
    "VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
    "msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
    "MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
    "MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
    "wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
    "vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
    "vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
    "VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
    "vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
    "VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
    "VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
    "wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
    "wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2008 6:07 AM   in reply to njcal
    How do I add this? Do I add it all?

When I open the reg file I created it says: cannot import missing.reg : The specified file is not a registry script.
    You can only import binary files from within the registry editor.

"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
    "vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
    "VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
    "vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
    "vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
    "VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
    "MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
    "wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
    "vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
    "VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
    "wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

What do I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2008 12:10 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    thanks Gilhooley. .. you are a god to me.. it really works

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2008 1:09 AM   in reply to birdynumnum
    quote:

Originally posted by: birdynumnum
    Hiya jzimora, I found the regestry hack worked for me. Heres how you do it the safe way...

1. Go to start menu run and enter REGEDIT and press resturn
    2. This will start the regestry editor. Goto the file menu and select export and save the regestry as a file, make sure you have Export Range / All selected at the bottom of the save file window. This will save the whole regestry as a file, remember where you save the file... You have now backed up the regestry. Now close the regestry editor
    3. Copy all the following BOLD text starting from Windows Regestry Editor Verion 5.00 by highlighting it, right clicking and selecting copy

"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
    "vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
    "VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
    "vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
    "vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
    "VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
    "MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
    "wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
    "vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
    "vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
    "VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
    "VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
    "wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
    "wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
    "aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

4. Goto start menu / run again and this time type in NOTEPAD and click return
    5. Now rightclick on the notepad window and select paste. Then select save from the file menu and save the file, make sure the filename you enter ends in .REG Remember where you saved the file and close notepad
    6. Finally, navigate to your saved file and double click on it. You will see a dialoge asking whether you are sure you want to add the information from the file to the regestry, simply click OK. Once this is done, then try the website you have been having trouble with and see if it works. Any problems, simply double click the backup file you created in step 1 and this will restore your regestry back to what it was

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 7, 2008 1:14 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    Hi, im running windows vista Ultimate SP1. Im having the same problem as everyone else, flash player video works but NO SOUND. This means i cant watch any .flv files or youtube videos. Please Help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2008 6:47 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    install sp3, its free of course. or try in firefox. choose any one option, it will work fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2008 2:50 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    I download the update version of Flash player when i having any problem with flash.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2008 11:12 PM   in reply to y2kmp3
    don't be crazy, install new updates. you will be fine with sound.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2008 3:11 AM   in reply to y2kmp3
    i was have same problem, and site show me missing graphic, instead of view video. but it fix after some updates.

|
    Mark as:
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points