Skip navigation

Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x

Apr 22, 2008 1:53 PM

Latest reply: Maurice Coombs, Jun 28, 2010 1:06 PM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2008 10:01 AM   in reply to Oliver Goldman
    I deleted all keychain login certificates. I rebooted. I tried Adobe Media again, didn't work. Here is my log:
    Starting app install of file:///Users/christinedattilo/Desktop/adobe_media_player.air
    UI SWF load is complete
    UI initialized
    Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/9c/9c2l9zRf2RWQ1++BYv7eNU+++TM/TemporaryItems/Fl ashTmp0
    failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="internal crypto error" errorID=0]
    starting cleanup of temporary files
    application installer exiting

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2008 10:04 AM   in reply to Oliver Goldman

How do I capture an install log? The link in the first or second post of this thread that gives instructions is dead.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2008 10:09 AM   in reply to Simon Bailey

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2008 10:45 AM   in reply to chrisdat
    quote:

Originally posted by: chrisdat
    Link to how to capture install log:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403123&sli ceId=1

Thanks. Here's the log for SPAZ:

Starting app install of http://funkatron.com/apps/spaz/AIR/SpazAIR.air
    UI SWF load is complete
    UI initialized
    failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Error #2014" errorID=2014]

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2008 7:05 AM   in reply to Simon Bailey
    I was getting the same problems as pickle jar, I am on a MacBook running OS 10.5.4. I backed up the /var/folder/zz folder then removed it. Now AIR apps will install. I am not sure what is held in this folder, I hope someone can enlighten me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 20, 2008 7:37 AM   in reply to jritchey@katsur.com
    deleting the /var/folders/zz folder did not fix this issue for me. I can't even get Air installer to install properly any more. Launching the AIR app used to install it into the /Applications/Utilities folder, and associate .air files with it, now nothing happens when opening the program from the dmg file.

Trying to install anything from the web fails as well. A couple of more install logs:

Starting app install of http://funkatron.com/apps/spaz/AIR/SpazAIR.air
    UI SWF load is complete
    UI initialized
    failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Error #2014" errorID=2014]

UI SWF load is complete
    stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/var/folders/CO/COLPFwJZGACYWWjy3XA3NE+++TI/-Tmp-/airraEOLk/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks" -playerVersion=9,0,124,0 -sandboxType=remote -securityDomain=airdownload.adobe.com -https=false -fromUserEvent=true -- -withRuntime -url http://funkatron.com/apps/spaz/AIR/SpazAIR.air -- "installed from web"
    App installer failed; exit code 7
    begin quitting

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2008 1:30 AM   in reply to Oliver Goldman
    Oliver: Are you interested in getting the crypto error causing certificate file? If so then contact me directly as I don't want to post someone else's certificate publicly. The problem with the cert is real and 100% reproducible. If the cert is in the keychain, AIR apps won't install. If you delete it, everything works ok.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2008 11:43 AM   in reply to stjohnsj
    quote:

Originally posted by: stjohnsj
    Oliver: Are you interested in getting the crypto error causing certificate file? If so then contact me directly as I don't want to post someone else's certificate publicly. The problem with the cert is real and 100% reproducible. If the cert is in the keychain, AIR apps won't install. If you delete it, everything works ok.

Hi stjohnsj,
    Oliver is on vacation right now. I have sent you a private message. Could you send the information to me?
    This will help us to track down the problem.

Thanks,

-ted

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2008 9:31 PM   in reply to tzeng
    I don't have certificates and still can't install air applications.. really is frustrating ! :-(
    Hope you find a solution and update soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2008 9:37 PM   in reply to frozenflat
    ah figured it out. Has to do with firewall. You have to allow all incoming connections. if you are set to anything more secure .. apps will fail .. so Adobe just need to prompt the system to allow this type of connection or something. For now just Turn off Firewall.. install then turn back on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2008 10:52 PM   in reply to frozenflat
    Hi,

I am on windows xp pro sp2 and I am getting the same error. I am trying to create an air app using dreamweaver and I am able to preview it but alas its not installing. I have tried everything here and have the firewall turned off also. But it is showing the same error. However, when I download and install some other app not made by me, it installs perfectly.

What is happening?

gaurav

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2008 5:14 AM   in reply to frozenflat
    You're kidding about the firewall, right? Seriously, any software that insists you turn off your firewall to install itself or components doesn't belong on your computer. BAD BAD BAD.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2008 4:50 PM   in reply to Simon Bailey
    AIR does not require that you disable your firewall. I'm not sure what @frozenflat has run into, but I'm sure that's not the issue.

@gaurav_ch: You need to inspect the log file for your specific situation to determine what problem you're facing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2008 9:01 PM   in reply to Simon Bailey
    Hi,

@Oliver I was able to successfully install my app without any errors. I unchecked the timestamp option under create a new certificate. It solved my problem.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2008 3:35 PM   in reply to Simon Bailey
    Just a short note, that certain properties of an AIR application are only if the app is running in deployed mode, not when launched from FlexBuilder.

Once example is [at least on OS X]:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.startAtLogin

I suppose, this is due to the fact, that an AIR app launched by FlexBuilder isn't a 'first class citizen' yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 2:41 AM   in reply to justria
    Hi All,
    I am using MAC Book PRO . When i am trying to install my application on Mac i am getting same error

Sorry, an error has occured The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author
    and the same Happens for All Air file even with adobe samples and other AIR ex SPAZ and all....

The same AIR is working fine on windows.

AND my appinstall.log is same as alexiicarey Post.
    starting app install of file:///Users/Adil/Desktop/OneView.Air
    UI SWF load is complete
    UI initialized
    Unpackaging to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
    failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="invalid package signature" errorID=5022]

I tried every thing discussed in this thread. there is no Certificates in my key chain. and no zz folder in /var/folders
    i removed the time stamp also but no Luck

Any help in this area would be relieving.
    Thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 27, 2008 4:12 AM   in reply to Adil@Flex
    here is my complete installation log .........

Performing runtime install
    UI SWF load is complete
    UI initialized
    starting user confirmation
    Installation type: new
    starting elevated install
    subinstaller: starting install
    subinstaller: Scheduling runtime installation operations
    subinstaller: Beginning runtime installation
    subinstaller: Beginning install
    subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
    subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
    subinstaller: Saving /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
    subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
    subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
    subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
    subinstaller: Saving /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
    subinstaller: Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
    subinstaller: Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
    subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
    subinstaller: Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
    subinstaller: chown of /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework completed with status -1
    subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status -1
    subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status 0
    subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
    subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
    subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
    subinstaller: Commit complete
    subinstaller: install complete
    Elevated install completed
    subinstaller: begin quitting
    begin quitting

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2009 10:17 PM   in reply to Adil@Flex

I know I am digging up an old thread. But there was no resolution mentioned for the problem and I have run into similar situation as others have reported.

If Oliver is still looking into this issue, please respond to this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2010 4:22 AM   in reply to smeagol-fish

I too am still having this problem, i've tried all the fixes mentioned in this thread and via all the links within it and am still having issues installing air apps on my macbook.

error log:

Starting app install of file:///Users/keri/Desktop/TweetDeck_0_34.3.air
    UI SWF load is complete
    UI initialized
    Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/lc/lcgmHAjFEEOxK5r6j-Qva++++TI/TemporaryItems/Fl ashTmp1
    unpackaging is complete
    application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
    application is bound to this version of the runtime
    app id TweetDeckFast
    pub id FFF259DC0CE2657847BBB4AFF0E62062EFC56543.1
    failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3003" errorID=3003]

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2010 4:41 AM   in reply to powdermonster_

Finally found a solution that works, only taken me a coule of days of looking !

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/605543?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2010 1:06 PM   in reply to Oliver Goldman

After originally being installed on my system, AIR refused to upgrade to latest version.  After trying various "fixes" I found on the web, I now have no version of AIR installed and am accordingly cancelling my NY Times subscription, etc.  The message that I get, "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator." is isngularly unhelpful.  I am the administrator.

One should not need to be a systems engineer to install such a piece of code.

I am losing all respect for Adobe, a company from whom I have purchased much software over the years.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.4 on a 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5 iMac with 8 GB 1967 MHz DDR3 memory.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points