Skip navigation
pixeltoon
Currently Being Moderated

Device Central will not load web pages

Jul 2, 2008 6:58 AM

Started using Device Central to view a web site I'm designing for a client. Loading within Dreamweaver and Device Central, pages will not load, the program stalls. I have had no luck in finding information on-line and cannot re install the application ( it's not listed in the reinstall items on my Adobe Web Premium CD ) . Some help would be much appreciated!! Running OS X 10.5 on a 2.4 GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Book Pro.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2008 1:36 PM   in reply to pixeltoon
    Here too. I wanted to test a web page in Device Central and it just hangs every time I try to open a page. Pretty frustrating for such an expensive product.

- From Dreamweaver's preview in browser select Device Central. It will open and then hang every time.
    - From Device Central. Launch the app. Open a web page and it will immediately hang.

So... anyone know how to use Device Central to do what it is supposed to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2008 1:13 AM   in reply to 8gaoshan8
    hi,
    just tried it out on my windows machine and it is loading web pages click here for screenshot

I did it by loading a webpage stored locally on my machine (i.e file>open mylocalpage.html (from desktop) )
    then you can change the URL via the Rendering panel.

matt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2008 9:20 PM   in reply to mitsimatt
    Right but like so many things, what works for you does not work for me (this was while loading a locally stored, plain old html page in the same manner you used). Here is a screenshot of what I get which is then followed by this screenshot.

Perhaps it is a Mac only problem. Until Adobe does or says something about it... who knows.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2008 6:25 AM   in reply to 8gaoshan8
    Ciao,

Device Central does not render web pages from the net because it does not have a "browser engine".
    So Matt suggestions is the way to go or you can use one of the Mobile OEM SDK emulators which contains a mobile browser engine and you can test. Try the Nokia 3rd Ed SDKs.

Alessandro

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2008 9:05 AM   in reply to biskero
    My problem relates specifically to trying to render pages that are stored locally, not on the web. I have a file on my desktop, I open it in device central, device central hangs. I am not talking about trying to render pages off the web, only locally.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 19, 2008 6:42 AM   in reply to pixeltoon
    Hi,

Please send me the HTML file at mdoherty at adobe dot com.

I have no problem opening local HTML files and selecting links to jump to online pages on the mac.

I'm guessing that there is something in the HTML file that ADC or the Opera engine doesn't like.

Mark

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)