Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

cannot connect to kuler

Aug 1, 2008 8:23 AM

I've been trying to use kuler for two days now. I have used it previous to that with no complaints ever. When I try and use kuler for AIR, I get the message: "kuler offline: check internet connection". The connection is fine.
When I try and connect to kuler.adobe.com, my connection attempt times out. Connecting to this forum page is immediate in comparison.
I have tried with these hardware/software combinations:
1. Mac G5, system 10.4.11, Firefox 3.0.1, Camino 1.0b1, Seamonkey 1.1.10, Opera 9.24, Flock 1.0.8, Safari 3.1.2, using Flash player version 9.0 r124.
2. Mac G5, system 10.5.4, same browser versions, same Flash plugin version.
3. Mac Intel Core 2 Duo, system 10.5.4, same browser versions, same Flash plugin version.
4. Windows Vista Business w/Service Pack 1, Firefox 3.0, Flock 1.0.8, Seamonkey 1.1.1, Opera 9.5, Safari 3.1.2, Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000, Flash player version 9.0 r124.

The local kuler app version is 2.1 and the AIR version 1.1 on all computers.

Any ideas why I'm not allowed to play anymore?

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 1, 2008 10:51 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    I am having the same problem. I emailed adobe about the problem but I have not received an answer yet. Have you figured it out yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2008 11:19 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Tim Strickland mentioned two new servers were brought online.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2008 12:06 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Themes don't seem to be coming in as new.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 1, 2008 3:54 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Hi folks, we are experiencing issues with kuler site and kuler desktop AIR. We will update you when we have more information. Thanks for your patience!
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2008 3:22 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    I installed Kuler as a Dreamweaver Extension, and it was working fine last week, but suddenly for the past few days I get Error 12029, and nothing! Can anyone help?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2008 7:12 PM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    I am new to Kuler. I learn about it in Lynda.com. I cannot save any theme as I get the "Error connecting to server" when I try to save. I've tried different browser: Safari, Firefox, IE, etc.

I hope this great site is soon functional.

Thanks Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2008 5:57 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Hello, we had server issues last week. Are you still experiencing problems accessing the site? If so, please describe the error and give your OS/browser versions if you haven't already.

@Rob Dillon: I'm hoping it's working for you now. If not, let me know and I'll use your info provided to log a bug.
    @Johanp: Were you using PalettePicker when you got the Error 12029 (that's a new one)? What did the error say?
    @Flashillustroshop and others: Any love?

Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2008 7:24 PM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    The site is still down for me. Using Safari and Firefox 3 on OS X.

Safari could not open the page “ http://kuler.adobe.com/” because the server is not responding.

Firefox: The server at kuler.adobe.com is taking too long to respond.

Really could use this service too. Please let us know when it's up and working.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 9:07 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    If you cannot connect like me, try using a free proxy server. It seems to load when adobe does not have my IP Address

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 9:46 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Well at least we can rule out flash problems because it does start to load. Try plugging your internet directly into the cable modem (if thats what your on) bypassing your router. When I did that the whole site worked perfectly. Even though it is a hassle. Let me know

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 10:34 AM   in reply to base836ball
    Hi folks,
    We cannot reproduce this on our end. Two more things to try:

- For the website, clear Cache and try again.

- For the desktop (AIR), follow these steps:
    1. Go to User > Library > Preferences, delete com.adobe.kuler.Desktop.[variable] folder
    2. Go to User > Library > Application Support > Adobe > AIR > ELS, delete com.adobe.kuler.Desktop.[variable] folder.
    3. Restart system and launch kuler desktop again.
    This has worked for other users.

Let us know what happens!
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 10:57 AM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    This is just the craziest thing...I doubt its related to Adobe though. I plugin my ethernet directly into my cable modem and it works amazing...plug it back into my router (even with factory settings) and it doesnt work. Only two things I can think of is Kuler is coming over on a different port number (which i doubt) or Charter Communications (ISP) has something going on with the kuler.adobe domain... I will try some other things and repost later.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 11:06 AM   in reply to base836ball
    I'm on Verizon FIOS.. Not working here either.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 11:34 AM   in reply to Chesley_LA
    We're also checking on networking issues. Stay tuned...
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 6, 2008 2:23 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Rob, thanks for persevering! We're trying to see if kuler desktop and website are the same issue for you:
    Can you try this preferences fix for kuler desktop?
    1. Go to User > Library > Preferences, delete com.adobe.kuler.Desktop.[variable] folder
    2. Go to User > Library > Application Support > Adobe > AIR > ELS, delete com.adobe.kuler.Desktop.[variable] folder.
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2008 8:50 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Kuler is down on all fronts. It doesn't work in Illustrator CS3, it doesn't work with Kuler AIR and the website is down. Adobe ... this is on your side. I just installed Kuler AIR and it doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2008 3:06 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    I haven't been able to access the site for several days, and just downloaded the desktop version for the first time and it can't connect either. Here's the error message I'm getting from my browser (FF3 on a Mac):

Network Timeout

The server at kuler.adobe.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
    * Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2008 6:03 PM   in reply to Mike_Disharoon
    Thanks for the new info. Sounds like mosts folks are new. Of the people experiencing problems, was anyone able to use kuler before? We may need some hardware expertise, this is terra incognita. Stay tuned.
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2008 9:26 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Sami -- yes, I was able to use it. BTW, it's back up!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 6:22 AM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    I had no problems connecting to Kuiler via web or desktop until I tried yesterday. That was when I attempted to connect via the panel in Illustrator, when that didn't work, I tried the desktop app to no avail, and finally I tried the web page - which would also time out. I figured the server was down.
    Today I tried connecting again. The website is up and I can log in. Kuler desktop says either kuler klash or kuler kutoff (my session times out immediately after signing on). The illustrator panel is working fine today.

I tried the remedy suggested by Sami Iwata but that was unsuccessful at least for the desktop app.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 8:16 AM   in reply to Subsystems
    Hi folks, we think we've resolved this issue---VLAN-related. Try again and let us know what happens! The last post is promising... fingers crossed.
    **Just saw the other posts, that's great news. Now, to tackle desktop...

Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 8:35 AM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    Still no joy with Kuler desktop app. After I log in, it starts to load themes but then I suddenly get "kuler kutoff! Your session has timed out. Please sign in again." So I sign out and get "kuler klash, please try again later."
    Lather, rinse, repeat.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 9:06 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Subsystems and Rob Dillon: what time zone are you in?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 9:27 AM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    US EST (GMT-5) for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 11:03 AM   in reply to Subsystems
    Ready, set.... try the desktop again! We might have found the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 2:21 PM   in reply to Sami@Adobe
    It's working. Yay!

Thanks a lot.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 2:49 PM   in reply to Subsystems
    Appreciate you hanging in there and letting us know what was going on.
    Rob, any love? We are waitin' and hopin'.
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2008 8:10 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Sami -- please don't take my Kuler away again -- BTW, this is such a great tool for me. I'm using this in conjunction with Pantone's Colormunki Design.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 12, 2008 9:32 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Chesley_LA: Really, we didn't want to take Kuler away from you! ;-)
    And judging by the Twitter activity, you weren't the only one who felt that way.
    I'm interested in learning more about Colormunki and Kuler, how are you using them together?
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 29, 2008 9:24 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Hi, I cant still connect to my Kuler via browser or desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2008 12:29 PM   in reply to Rob Dillon
    Hi, can you provide more details to help troubleshoot?

What browser version/OS? And what happens, what message do you get, if any? Have you ever been able to access the Kuler site or the desktop?

Desktop:
    Have you tried this one fix?
    Can you try this preferences fix for kuler desktop?

Let us know what happens.
    Sami

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers