Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Feature Requests / Suggestion Box

Jun 2, 2008 1:08 PM

Welcome.

This thread will be dedicated to Feature Requests, and any other Suggestions for Storing your Files you may have.

Please feel free to post your comments and ideas below, we look forward to reading them!

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 2, 2008 2:03 PM   in reply to acropete
    I would like to see a preference which defaults the Access Type. Currently this is always 'Open' and you must change every file you upload. Either default to Restricted, or allow the user to set as a preference on their setup

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 3, 2008 1:40 PM   in reply to acropete
    hello there,
    awesome work you guys have been doing, but i've got a few suggestions:

What about one universal file place where you can save and edit all kind off documents, especially for the buzzword
    Maybe a RSS feed on your new files etc..
    Please let me story again movies and any kind of file type.. Now I get the error that Share doesn't support it, so I can't store it.

Keep up the good work, and I'll let you know when I've got another idea..
    cheers
    Jaap willem

|
    Mark as:
    3. ,
    Jun 4, 2008 8:01 AM   in reply to acropete
    Goodbye Google Docs! Bring it Adobe.

Incredible UI. Incredible functionality. Connect Now amazing.

Need versioning in Buzzword with user designations to edits. Presentation app would be nice. More apparent way to return to acrobat.com home with app listing. Cancel option at Account Settings.

Can hear the sound of a billion mouse clicks registering...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2008 9:22 AM   in reply to acropete
    Keeping preferences ?

While viewing "My Files", I am always selecting "List by Author" and "View as list" buttons.
    If signing out/signing in, my preferences are LOST.
    Could you please implement a way to register such preferences ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 5, 2008 9:29 AM   in reply to acropete
    Looks like *.mht and *.htm files, created from MS Excel, cannot be pre-viewed from "My Files" window with Flash.
    Do you plan that feature ?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2008 6:12 AM   in reply to acropete
    Do you plan create folders to organizate files?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 12, 2008 11:50 AM   in reply to acropete
    It'd be nice to have better progress, especially for uploading -- some idea of how long it has left would be handy.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2008 1:02 PM   in reply to jpabloreinoso
    I'm also supporting the request of having folders to organize files

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2008 6:19 AM   in reply to acropete
    What an awesome product! Keep up the great work!

I would like to see your Buzzword docs and your Acrobat.com docs in the same window as it would be a bit more user friendly. Two different locations is a bit confusing for new users. I have been teaching all of my co-workers to use Acrobat.com for everything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2008 7:52 AM   in reply to acropete
    Acrobat.com is just marvelous! I would like Acrobat.com to incorporate the following features:
    (i.) Tagging the files so that we can sort and search them more easily
    (ii.) Ability to create folders for additional sorting
    (iii.) Ability to link different file types i.e. pdf, doc, xls which are grouped under one single date, title or project
    (iv.) Authors fields added to specify authors
    (v.) Offline access and plugin for firefox to synchronize online and offline copies

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2008 5:27 AM   in reply to acropete
    Hi all, thanks for these feature requests. keep 'em coming they are being looked at.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2008 4:23 AM   in reply to SimonATS
    How about a sound that indicates when an upload is finished. I find that I start an upload and go on to other things while the file gets uploaded and have to keeping going back to Acrobat.com to check on the progress.

By the way, Send Us Feedback under "More" doesn't seem to work: either doesn't open another window or gives false email address

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 18, 2008 9:24 AM   in reply to acropete
    Err... any chance to have the possibility to rename files?

I just uploaded a bunch of PDF, and I want to rename them to better sort them in the Share Panel.

Also... I am not so keen on the categories, but tagging would be cool.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 29, 2008 3:28 AM   in reply to acropete
    Here's another vote (request?) for folders.
    Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 6:56 AM   in reply to jpabloreinoso
    +1 for folders...that's the only thing I miss now

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2008 8:24 AM   in reply to Mollaka
    one more thing...let's say I want to upload n*100 word documents at once. I zip them, and upload them.

now what...

I think it would be great if we could do a remote unzip...

thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 11, 2008 3:38 AM   in reply to Mollaka
    Dear Mollaka,

Thank you for your post. We will look into this issue. At the moment we cannot say whether we will implement this feature and as to when it might be available.

Regards,
    Lao Ma

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2008 12:21 PM   in reply to acropete
    So I'm trying to transfer my Document editing to buzzword, but I am uploading my older documents to acrobat.com for backup and covinience... But it looks if I have to redowload files already stored at acrobat.com and then re upload into buzzword? Shouldn't there be a button "Edit in Buzzword" somewhere in my acrobat.com UI?
    (All in all I love both of them!)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2008 12:21 PM   in reply to acropete
    So I'm trying to transfer my Document editing to buzzword, but I am uploading my older documents to acrobat.com for backup and convenience... But it looks if I have to re-download files already stored at acrobat.com and then re upload into buzzword? Shouldn't there be a button "Edit in Buzzword" somewhere in my acrobat.com UI?
    (All in all I love both of them!)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2008 5:49 PM   in reply to acropete
    I would really like to have the basic ability to rename a file without having to delete it and re-upload. A time-consuming/wasteful exercise if ever there was one.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2008 1:59 PM   in reply to acropete
    A request to have folders for organizing documents
    Thx

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 14, 2008 5:21 PM   in reply to acropete
    1. Auto save. That's the thing I miss most from google docs. A deal breaker!

2. Real style sheets, both paragraph and character based.

3. Search. Ability to search by file name or contents.

4. Tags and/or folders.

5. The current file displays are very confusing. Can I just have a plain old list of my files please? See #3 above.

Thanks for Buzzword, it looks really promising. I'm so tired of google doc's widely differing behavior on different browsers... but see #1.

Best,
    /r:b:

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2008 9:01 AM   in reply to acropete
    perhaps I am a bit dumb (and often, I am)... but I cannot find RENAME in the drop down menu...

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 30, 2008 4:20 PM   in reply to acropete
    My question is:

Do you plan create folders to organize the files?

..and I'm sorry but I don't found the RENAME option...

Thaks..

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 9, 2008 5:11 AM   in reply to eterraza
    Here's another vote for folders to better organise files in 'My Files'. I'd also like the option to rename files once uploaded, as others have similarily requested. Overall though, I think the UI is great. I love the way the files slide into new locations when the view is changed.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 11, 2008 10:00 AM   in reply to acropete
    I would like to see folder organization as well. I would also like to have the ability to share an entire folder of documents instead of having to choose sharing on each individual item.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2008 4:02 PM   in reply to acropete
    Hello,

For some meetings I'm having with some friends I'm looking for the most interesting free and basic online collaboration service available.
    All of these I've researched (let's not begin to sum them up :-)) seem to be lacking at least one key feature: the ability to organise content in folders.
    The question seems to have been posted here repeatedly also but seems to never get answered.

Another feature going hand in hand with this would be the possibility to share these folders and make them editable by others.

A last feature request, more out of convenience than anything else would be a shared calendar.

Could you please tell me if any of these features is planned for future development?

thank you

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2008 4:34 PM   in reply to acropete
    I would like to have integration between Digital Editions and Adobe.com. It would also be nice to have Adobe.com support ePub documents.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 27, 2008 12:47 PM   in reply to nstein9
    quote:

Originally posted by: nstein9
    I would like to see folder organization as well. I would also like to have the ability to share an entire folder of documents instead of having to choose sharing on each individual item.

I'd love this feature/option! (folders for organization & the ability to share a specific folder)

And if there was a way that the folder could then be linked the buzzword document.
    (down the road... maybe even within the document itself, there could be a "add file link" which would automatically pop open a window to browse your "shared" files/folders)
    ie: Create a document.. but then have links to the specific folders where others can then retrieve files.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 28, 2008 2:51 PM   in reply to gpearson100
    Yes, the ability to create file folders and the ability to set permissions to the entire file folder at once, rather than to each individual file.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2008 1:22 AM   in reply to acropete
    I'd like to use Acobat.com as a way to store mulimedia files, such as video files, where the link can be embedded into a PDF to automatically view the video without embedding the entire video into the PDF. This would allow much smaller PDFs for storing or e-mailing. I saw several sample PDFs on Adobe.com; which had this capability, but all the embedded links were to other locations and not to Acrobat.com.

This may be possible already. I did notice that uploaded and shared video files to Acrobat.com can not be the following formats: MOV, WMV, FLV, XVID, DIVX, or RETG. If this is possible already, can someone point me to the recommended steps for accomplishing this? If this is not currently possible, can someone let me know so I don't waste a bunch of time trying to figure this out? With 6 restricted video file types, and a large number of other file types restricted, there must be some sort of good reason for the file type restrictions.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2008 1:16 AM   in reply to lowty
    i & ii at minimum to make the service useful

quote:

Originally posted by: lowty
    Acrobat.com is just marvelous! I would like Acrobat.com to incorporate the following features:
    (i.) Tagging the files so that we can sort and search them more easily
    (ii.) Ability to create folders for additional sorting
    (iii.) Ability to link different file types i.e. pdf, doc, xls which are grouped under one single date, title or project
    (iv.) Authors fields added to specify authors
    (v.) Offline access and plugin for firefox to synchronize online and offline copies

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2008 1:45 PM   in reply to acropete
    The program is simple enough to use, but I was disapointed there was no way to save my work, either at your site or on a local computer here.

Albest,

Leo

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2009 5:18 PM   in reply to acropete
    have it tell you the location of the file so if it is an image or something you can put it on a website.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 7, 2009 6:58 AM   in reply to acropete

I've been using Acrobat.com for a couple of days now, and I have to say a big well done!

I'm looking for a solution to store and share all my corperate documents online, and so far Adobe blows the rest out of the water. I had a simple test: Could I easily set up a headed paper template using the online word processor. I've been using Google Docs for some time, and dispite being a massive Google fan, I have to admit the word processor is c**p. I also tried ZOHO - very impressive, but ultimatly both these solutions made me want to throw my computer out the window. Enter Adobe Buzzword - up and running in 10 mins!

I have some feedback that, for me, will make this product perfect (some of which I know have been requested before - therefore I add my voice to theirs):

1. Folders to organise my documents
    2. Ability to add tags to my documents
    3. Single storage area for all types of files
    4. Search!
    5. Ability to set 'restricted' or 'not shared' as the default option
    6. Ability to share multiple files
    7. Sharing to groups
    8. Google Chrome support
    9. Additional storage
    10. A spreadsheet and presentation application to complete the basic suite of applications
    11. Branding

I'd like to expand on what I mean by branding. I want to use acrobat.com to integrate with my own website - i.e on my domain. As a business owner, I want to create a corperate acount and have control over my users (and their files). When sharing invitation emails go out, I'd like them branded in my name in association with Adobe.

Now, if you can do all that before the end of the week and make me a cup of tea (2 sugars), I'll be a happy man!

Thanks

Jason

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2009 12:21 PM   in reply to GetMeInGoogle!

Hi Jason,

Wow! Thank you for your post! We're quite pleased to know that you're a fan of Acrobat.com, and really appreciate the thoughtful list of ideas on how we can improve.

I assure you, many of the items on the list are in the works... some will be here soon while others will take a bit longer. I'll address a few more specifically:

8. Google Chrome Support - many folks report that they have no trouble using Acrobat.com with Google Chrome. If you haven't tried it yet, you may just find that it works.

10. Please visit http://labs.acrobat.com for a look at our new product - Presentations!  Blog post here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/acom/2009/05/its_show_time_presenations_fro.htm l

11. If you don't mind, would you submit your Branding request to our Ideas site? We'd love to see how many people are interested in this use case for Acrobat.com. Acrobat.com Ideas - http://ideas.acrobat.com

As you grow more familiar with the services, please keep the feedback coming!

We'll add "Make cup of tea" feature with options for # sugars, milk or lemon just as soon as we can.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points